Chapter Fourty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Brisk air encircling me, I popped open the boot of my mondeo and stuck my case inside. I sighed, glancing around and shutting it.

"God, I hope this goes well."

***

"And we're home free." I took Dylan's hand, the mid afternoon sky of London bright a blue and thankfully, void of rain clouds. We got out the back door of the hotel, given special access to it by the manager.

"Do you have a game plan, blondie?" Dylan asked, letting me go out of the gate first before shutting it behind us.

"Blondie, huh? We're getting all sorts of nicknames from this trip." I replied, looking both ways. "We grabbed Tesco's make shift lunch so we can hold off in the pub, but if you like we can do typical touristy things like Big Ben with Parliament and the Eye or there's things the museums and aquariums. It's your pick."

"Let's go with a museum." Dylan said, pushing a pair of raybans up the bridge of nose. "And shouldn't you be wearing sunglasses too?"

"Natural History or Science?" I took us to the left, heading for the closest tube station entrance. "And the sunglasses make you more likely to get looked at. It's November, Dyl."

"Natural History." Dylan answered, adding his own retort. "And plenty if people wear sunglasses year round."

"Yeah, pedophiles." I replied, taking him down the staircase clogged with a stream of people. "We need Oyster cards."

Perpetually confused and at the same time trying to take all of his surrounds in, he blindly followed me with his finger still locked with mine. "A what?"

"Tube card. It's how you get in and out of stations to get on the trains." We got to a dispenser and I pulled out my credit card for a bank that only functioned out of London. "They're refillable. You can use them for all London transport. Even the buses take them." I swiped my credit card, Dylan hovering so he didn't get caught up in the constant movement of people.

Dylan evaluated the blue card I handed him, "So, they work like transport debit cards?"

"Basically. There's fourty on each for now. It'll go a long way." I put my wallet back into my purse but kept out the newest card. I grinned at his expression, "You'll survive."

"Do you think we'll get recognized?" He quietly asked, coming up to the tolls. He copied my actions of sliding my oyster card and going through the rotating bars.

"Probably." I checked both lines, talking to myself. "We need South Kensington, so if we take Central..." I took Dylan's hand again, "Come on, this way."

"Okay, you sounded exactly like Mrs. Weasley in the first Harry Potter movie." He grinned, stepping on the tube with me.

I smiled, only shaking my head. "We could go there too. The Harry Potter studios where they filmed the movies."

"I did last time I was here."

"Good because i've already been twice." I smiled up at him, holding onto a handle bar hanging from the ceiling.

Dylan only grinned, "Of course you have."

The atmosphere in the tube was something I'd grown incredibly used to as a kid, due to the fact i took it to school every morning for years on end with Tanner, eventually splitting up due to the non co-ed schools we attended.

But today it was much different. Not just a two year different, different, but instead was one I'd not experienced before.

Dylan seemed to be the opposite, because he was well aware people were starting to look. The way he regarded everything as nothing made it simple, because he was trying not to make eye contact or assure he would get called out by the whole car.