Petraka Academy

Narrative Writing:

Question:
Write a story of 500-650 words that includes the phrase " the teacher was amazed."                     [30 marks]

Petraka Academy is the supposed dream destination of every student. A place where parents leave no stone unturned if they can possibly squeeze their children into. In a school such as Petraka, life is hell. Every new day is like a challenge no normal kid can endure. I myself have seen utterly normal children going in and then coming back with eyes that contradicted each other's wishes, one would seem to like to have a look at the people on the left while the other seemed to be more fascinated by the drama going on ahead. I entered this academy with my friend, with hopes to have a little less tough life than what my dreams kept on hinting me at.

I expected everything, thanks to those horrifying dreams from literally mind blowing tests to mile-long homework lists, except of course to receive an assignment on the very first day.
It was outrageous! How can they? For centuries, first days have always been reserved for fun-filled introductions and school tours, and they dared to break the tradition. I expected myself to contradict there and then and remind them of the inhumane attitude they were displaying but when I found everyone accepting their fate with pursed lips, even Ralph, I didn't think that it would be of much use.

And here I am, standing in the balcony, enjoying the fresh air and depending solely on it to give my brain cells a push so that they would get back to work. My ones seemed too stubborn to budge, but luckily Ralph's brain was at it.

"Why not we make a vaccume powered cleaner that would clean all the dirt in an area, and then dispose it for us too?!" He asked with eyes sparkling and without waiting for a reply set out on his mission to find the materials that were worthy to be worked on over. I followed his lanky figure with my eyes until it disappeared round the corner. It wasn't until then my brain cells decided that this idea was brilliant and a toothy smile took place of the frown that had been sitting on my face for ages.

Making a vaccume powered cleaner was not a big deal but the programming that was involved to make one that would give the garbage it collected a proper disposal was a great challenge, but my friend Ralph, had  hidden abilities. One of them being skillful programming and the other one, that often had me in doubt was the speed at which he consumed food, just like a vaccum cleaner; maybe that's where the ingenious idea came from.

While I made the vaccuum cleaner, he took care of all the software programming it needed . You must be feeling delighted by his speed, but I tell you, I made three vaccum cleaners, the first one didn't work, the second one blew air outside instead of sucking air inside, however the third one served as a breath of fresh air. I cant brief you about Ralph's doings, except his fastidious munching and of course his fingers literally flying over the keyboard.

A week later it was ready for testing. It was not too large and collected a fairly small amount of garbage at a time but it disposed it right. All the decompossible waste was thrown into the hole I got the gardener to dig the very day I finished my part of the task, exactly like we had planned it to.

The teacher was amazed at the scientific master piece we had readied,  which is quite something, keeping the fact in mind that she was a teacher at Petraka, and then after recovering from her surprise, and ensuring her stoic expression was on display again, with not even a hint of appreciation written on her face awarded us with an A plus.

***
Now that I read this writeup, it does make me cringe. But its okay, this work has done great work for me brought me a (28/30) as a tenth grader.

Hope you are going to take away as much possible. Happy Learning!

Regards,
TragicToffee