takeout rhymes with makeout

another cameo by @/animaestro717 on tumblr!

...

Jo and Jackie popped their heads out of the back room and called for Chazzy, and Julia laughed at Chazzy's very obvious annoyance. She took Carmen's hand again and they walked out of the cafe and down the street.

Julia sipped their coffee, before glancing over at Carmen. "Would you like some?" She asked, angling the drink towards her girlfriend.

Carmen, who had seemingly been staring off into space, snapped her head toward Julia. "Hm? Oh, sure, I'll have some." She took the drink from Julia, but instead of taking a sip, she began to play with the straw.

Julia quirked a brow, taking Carmen's hand gently. "Carmen, is something wrong?"

Carmen looked up from the drink, eyes wide with feigned innocence. "No! No, nothing's wrong."

Julia snorted. "For an international criminal, you're a terrible liar." But the joke fell flat when Carmen showed no signs of amusement, instead choosing to gaze into the depths of the sloshing coffee. "Carmen, you know you can tell me anything."

Carmen bit her lip a moment, before speaking. She still didn't meet Julia's gaze, her cheeks colored slightly. "So, you know I'm on the asexual spectrum, right?"

Julia teased her. "Of course, you've been making jokes about it since before we started dating." She shifted slightly, waiting. Where was this going?

"Okay, that being said..." Carmen took a deep breath, before turning to face Julia, meeting her eyes hesitantly. "Do you...would you mind if I spent the night with you?"

A smile spread over her face as thoughts of cuddling with her thief burst to the forefront of her mind. "Of course you can," she said.

Carmen's hesitant expression disappeared, forming into a small, hopeful smile. She took a long drink from the coffee, before handing it back to Julia. Just as she lifted the cup to take another sip, Julia heard a shout coming from her right.

"Watch out!"

Almost instantly Julia dropped the coffee in her hand, not stopping to mind when it soaked the red jacket. She expertly caught the frisbee, diverting it from its collision course with her face, all while her other hand was still holding Carmen's.

"Watch where you're throwing, please!" She called, throwing the frisbee back towards the group of students.

The kids shouted apologizes, and Julia looked down at the red hoodie she was borrowing...which was now drenched with iced coffee.

"You know you could've let go of my hand," Carmen laughed, glancing down at the now soaked red jacket.

"Didn't want to," Julia said simply. She squeezed Carmen's hand. "I'm sorry about the jacket, though."

"It's okay. Now, come on," Carmen said, lightly returning the squeeze and still grinning, "I can swing us back to your flat. It's quicker than walking."

Julia's eyes widened in surprise, before a daring grin crept onto her face.

"Swing? As in...with your grappling hook?"

Carmen wiggled her eyebrows. "If you're up to the challenge, of course."

Julia scoffed, but moved closer to Carmen. She does realize I have the grapple?

Carmen wrapped an arm around Julia's waist, holding her tight and going to prepare the grapple.

But Julia could feel the hard metal of said grapple against her own wrist, and as Carmen flicked her wrist with no result, Julia grinned up at her smugly.

Realization dawned on Carmen's face. "The grapple is still in the sleeve...can you hand it to me?" She asked sheepishly.

Julia just laughed, popping the grapple out from its place in the hoodie's sleeve and handing it to Carmen.