PROLOGUE

WILLIAM VINCENT MARCOS

Spencer Faith smiled at me as I picked her up from their house that Friday evening. It was Friday the 13th of April to be exact. We just graduated in high school and officially, are now adults who have our own lives ahead of us. She tossed her Nike duffel bag at the backseat of the car and put her seatbelts on.

Time flies. It was only yesterday when I met Faith in our day care center and invited her to play in our backyard lawn. Ever since then, we have always been together.

She was there when I lost my front tooth back in second grade. I was there when she sprained her ankle. Faith saw me in my first fight with a classmate when we were in sixth grade. I was there when she cried over her crush when we were fourteen. She was the first person I called when I lost my virginity over a senior who was Simon's class mate (In which she thinks TMI). I was there when she lost her dad at fifteen. She cried a lot and all I did was to hug her tight in that four cornered room of mine. 

Faith was wearing her checkered black and white flannel, high waisted faded jeans and the black Chuck Taylors I gave her on her sixteenth birthday. Her smile reached her chinky hazel eyes. I bit my lip at the sight of her pinkish thin lips. I so wanted to kiss her.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" She asked excitedly.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaned closer to kiss her lips. She got startled but then replied to the kiss. I stopped.

"Are you up for Bangui?" I asked.

"Sure Vinny." She answered with a smile on her face. She really is pretty.

We drove to the windmills of Bangui that night. I bought our tent, yes, we have our own tent. I already bought a small mattress and comforter in case we would fall asleep talking.

We both love staying the night, just talking even through phone. You can put us in a closed space and we would just end up talking and laughing with each others jokes.

We arrived in the windmills of Bangui quickly. I parked by the sandy beach and pitched the small tent we bought. Spencer took out the string of led lights around the tent for additional light besides the night lamp we bought. I placed the picnic bag I got from our house and settled down on the mattress beside her. We took our shoes off and placed it on an extra draw string bag and placed it on the ground.

"Have you decided na which school you would go?" I asked her while opening the Onigiri for her.

She looked at me and smiled. "Hindi ko sure Vinny. Baka dito lang ako mag-aral." She replied.

I bit my lips. We promised to go to same university when we were little but I understand her point of view. She lost her dad and her mom was the only parent she has. Apat silang magkakapatid. Her older brother who is Sandro's batch is currently a student athlete in Ateneo de Manila. Spencer's older sister is also a scholarship student but in Baguio. Spencer is the third among the four siblings. May kaya naman sila but she thinks of her mom before deciding anything for herself.

"It's okay Spencer. Maybe we'll get our Master's together." I winked.

She laughed. "We'll see Vincent."

Sinubo ko sa kanya iyong Onigiri na binuksan ko.

"I'm gonna miss this Spence." I told her.

"Adult na tayo." She mumbled.

I looked at the calm, slow waves at the beach. It was full moon tonight. "Ang bilis ng panahon."

"Ang tagal na natin na magkaibigan." She giggled.

"We witnessed each other's puberty." I laughed.

She slapped my shoulders. "Hoy." She said, embarrassed.

I rolled my eyes. "Kinakahiya mo pa. Ako ang bumili sa una mong napkin."

Her eyes widened. "Grabe ka. Naalala mo pa iyon!" She exclaimed.

"Of course. It was a funny day." I replied, shaking my head. We were twelve and her period came at early age. Good thing we were at home, watching the movie 'The King and I' She was complaining about her tummy aching that day. Akala namin gutom lang niya iyon. Then on the afternoon I saw a red stain on my carpet. She panicked when she found out she was having her first period.

I just remained calm and went to buy a sanitary napkin. I was a little embarrassed and blushed on the fact that my best friend is dalaga na.

Spencer rolled her eyes. "Don't make me remind you about your tuli moment with Simon!" She exclaimed.

I slapped my face. Of all the things that she will reminisce, that was the first thing she thought of.

"Hoy." I muttered.

She laughed out loud. Oh I am gonna miss that laugh. I watched her laugh until she stopped to drink water.

"Let's kiss," I said. Spencer looked at me. "Kiss me Spencer." I repeated.

So she did. It wasn't our first kiss together. Our first kiss was during prom behind the stage curtains when we were crowned as prom king and queen. It was amazing and memorable.

But tonight was the first time we crossed the second and third base. And I knew that moment things were no longer the same between us. 

uwu hahahha