Chapter 8: Stormriven

Start from the beginning

Gazing across the new terrain, (Y/N) quickly discovered that he couldn't recognize any of the new surroundings.

"So, the Crown Jewel brings me to the Boss' area directly..." (Y/N) hummed as he looked around, though try as he might, he truly didn't recognize this place at all. It seemed that the Crown Jewel forced a direct warp to the Boss' entrance, however, it didn't include a return trip...

"Well, no use in standing around." (Y/N) muttered to himself as he began to walk forward, heading towards the nearest open space in search of more monsters. The Hallow Caverns were immensely gigantic, and even (Y/N) himself seemed like a mere speck of dust in comparison. He only had 48 hours, or one full day, to fulfill the requirements to escape. Having spent a little over an hour since he'd gotten here, (Y/N) planned to make the most of his allotted time, after all, if the monsters here could drop gear as good as the Vitreous Bracers, then surely they could also drop other gear that would be just as good. Perhaps, if he was lucky, they might even drop some Skill Books suitable for (Y/N).

Or, preferably, a new sword.

A few minutes after (Y/N) departed from the Boss Arena, he soon arrived at a new section of the massive Hallow Caverns, spotting various crystalline humanoids walking around the area.

[Observing Eyes]!

[Hallowed Armor] (Special Elite Rank)

Level 9

HP: 2,300/2,300

"Level 9?" (Y/N)'s eyes lit up as he saw the information, though his expression then turned sour.

The Hallowed Armors were without a doubt an enemy that he much needed at this point in time but were simultaneously out of his reach. It went without saying that the Hallowed Armors would have even greater defense than the Level 6 Hallow Interceptors, and the Novice Sword couldn't even stand against them. He had no doubt that the Novice Sword would shatter within moments if it was used against the superior Hallowed Armors.

Meanwhile, he needed to use a sword to cast [Chop], the current only skill in his possession and acquire Proficiency to level it up from Level 1 to Level 2, however, the Novice Sword was far from a match to the tricolored suits of armor...

"..." A contemplative expression formed on (Y/N)'s face, gazing carefully at the Hallowed Armors.

Although no two Hallowed Armors were standing side by side, they still traveled within 5 yards of one another, hence (Y/N) was sure that if he tried to lure one of them over, several more would come running, and that was an encounter he wanted to avoid at all costs. Without a sword, he wasn't even sure if he could beat a single Hallowed Armor, moreover an entire group of them...

"Looks like I'll have to set these guys aside for now." (Y/N), after a long moment of contemplation, ultimately set the Level 9 Special Elites aside. It wasn't that he was particularly scared of them - there was just no reason to attack them. If he tried to fight them barehanded, although he would probably be able to hold his own against a group, he couldn't necessarily kill them. If he recklessly approached a group and began an unarmed fight, he would just be wasting time, hence he decided to set them aside for now.

Without another moment of hesitation, (Y/N) swiftly utilized both [Fast And Nimble] alongside [Flying Steps] to dash around the crystalline caverns, periodically stopping to allow the various Hallowed Armors to walk past, easily evading their detection. Although (Y/N) couldn't kill them, sneaking past them was all too possible for someone of his standard.

A short ten minutes later, (Y/N) had successfully snuck past the Hallowed Armors and arrived at a different area of the Hallow Caverns, one free of the daunting Hallowed Armors. However, this area was similarly infested with more monsters, albeit none quite as powerful as the Hallowed Armors.