Chapter 8: Stormriven

Start from the beginning

"Forget it. For now, I'll just focus on collecting the entire Vitreous Set and charging up the Crown Jewel. Still...if nothing else..." (Y/N) turned away from the Shardcrown Vessel, his golden orbs gazing at it once more.

"This should be fun." A smirk rose to (Y/N)'s face.

(Y/N) had never been one to back down from a challenge.

In fact, even in the past, he loved to go out and challenge insanely difficult bosses solo.

He loved to test his limits and pit himself against the most abyssal of horrors.

In the past, it was quite common to hear of adventurous Players attempting to solo high leveled bosses that normally took a team. In fact, it was something that many enjoyed to watch. As for (Y/N), he was no exception. However, instead of watching, he often challenged these bosses himself. In the past, the greatest challenge he had ever managed to defeat was a Tier 5, Archaic Species Monster. Even then, his success had been highly attributed to his acquisition of a bonafide Legendary Weapon.

Legendary Weapons could allow others to trample on those of a higher Tier, yet despite the Archaic Species being a mere Tier 5, whereas (Y/N) had also been a Tier 5, it had still been a close battle. This was simply due to the nature of the Tier 5. Despite being a Tier 5, it was no exaggeration to call the beast a faux-Tier 6. Naturally, as an Archaic Species, the beast had already been formidable, however, it also possessed the ability to grow stronger as the fight continued, hence, for a solo Player, it was the worst kind of enemy. After all, for a solo Player, battles of attrition were the most common occurrence in solo runs. However...

It was also the most fun fight that (Y/N) could recall in God's Domain.

Even his experience in breaking through to the Beyond Domain Realm could not compare.

"For now, I'll collect the full Vitreous Set. Hopefully, these monsters can also drop a new weapon." (Y/N) began walking away from the Crown Lord's arena, already trying to visualize a plan to combat the Crown Lord. The only saving grace he could notice was its HP, which was...quite low for a Level 10 Lord, much more a Crown Lord.

However, a thought then occurred to him.

It was no doubt to him that the Crown- in the Crown Lord's title was there for a reason. Although it had relatively low HP, this convinced (Y/N) of one thing. If it lacked HP, it made up for it somewhere else, likely in its offense. A sigh left his lips at the thought.

He simply had too little information to work with.

If he wanted to defeat the Shardcrown Vessel, he'd need to do it during the battle.

However, he had no clue how the battle would go. It both excited and irritated him.

How long had it been since he, a bonafide Beyond Domain Realm Expert, had felt this helpless?

He absolutely loved the feeling of a challenge.

A twin sense of foreboding and excitement swelled within him.

"Aiya, I really can't wait~♪." (Y/N) couldn't suppress his grin, his golden eyes shining intensely.

(Y/N) absolutely loved the thrill of battle.

And he could not wait to engage in combat with the Shardcrown Vessel.

A mix of an unknown variable with a looming death...

Perfect for him.

However, for now, the Vitreous Set and a new weapon took priority. Without them, he wouldn't stand any chance against the Shardcrown Vessel, after all. Without another moment wasted, (Y/N) walked away from the imminent boss fight.