eye for an eye // s.g.

Start from the beginning

Sam didn't think so.

A month after your brother's sentencing, your father believed someone had broken into your house: his evidence being the unlocked front door, something he swore he didn't do. The cops concluded nothing was stolen and there was no forced entry if someone did break in. So, your father installed security cameras all over the house and yard.

And things went back to normal. Or, as normal as they could be.

You would talk to your brother occasionally, writing letters back and forth and calling when you could. After a year in jail, he told you because of his good behavior, he was probably going to get out sooner. He felt so smug about it, even joking that he basically got away with murder.

"What do you mean? You're literally calling me from jail." You rolled your eyes at him.

He chuckled through the phone. "Well let's say for arguments sake, that asshole never really saw it coming."

"What are you-" You started.

He cut you off, his voice lower than before, but remaining upbeat. "His back was to me. He wasn't throwing punches or trying to hurt me. I mean come on, that kid weighed like 150. I bench-press double that."

Your heart dropped, "He wasn't... attacking you?"

"No. I just wanted his jewelry. I knew that shit would sell a pretty penny. It was basically all Gucci." He stated calmly.

Your breaths coming out labored, you screeched. "Why did you kill him then?!"

He explained coolly. "I threatened him, he tried to run, so I grabbed him and stabbed him from behind. He should have just given me his shit."

A silent tear streamed down your face, the sudden horror of your brother's crimes hitting you. "I knew it. I knew you killed him on purpose."

You stopped talking to your brother after that.

You knew you should have listened to the voice inside your head.

~~~~

Sam didn't know how things spiraled out so quickly. He never planned to get obsessed with you, but it just... happened.

Something came over him one night, and he knew he had to go to your house after all the attention had died down. His curiosity got the best of him, since the media had leaked your address.

Truthfully, he just wanted to see the type of life you were living.

The type of life Colby no longer got to live.

But before he went over, he prepared himself. Bought some important items.

When he drove by your house, the lights were off, the cars gone from the driveway. You were out with your dad, he assumed.

Sam walked up to your house, a potted plant by the door sticking out to him. He lifted it, finding a key underneath.

Slowly, he entered your house, making sure to not touch anything. Your house was nice. Modest, even.

Luck must have been a lady, because you had left your phone at home. And, you guys had a landline as well.

He bugged both, not a second thought crossing his mind while he did it.

And he left as quickly as he came.

He drove by again a couple days later, seeing a new sign sitting in your yard: 'Protected by Homeline Security'.

It didn't take much effort to break into your newly installed, wifi connected, cameras.

Your password is 'password123'? You deserve this. Sam thought.