8. Don't Love Anything

Start from the beginning

He sighed and moved towards her with his hands still in his pockets. Her hair moved smoothly with the wind, and her face was so quiet. Like no sadness in the world could bother her. But even Satoru knew that as a half curse, Y/N had experienced more grief than anyone he knew.

'Why is this woman always so calm, despite her awful life?' Satoru cleared his throat loudly, and with a grin, he stated: "Earth to the 500-year-old assassin of the Kamo clan~ Earth to the 500-year-old assassin of the Kamo clan. Can you hear me?~"

Y/N turned her face in annoyance and looked at the white-haired man from head to toe. A grin appeared on the corner of his lips.

"Have you never seen a handsome man like me?"

Y/N laughed sarcastically and turned her face back to the trees.

Her ignorance annoyed Satoru. So he took his hands out of his pockets and sat down on the bench. 'The smell of the ocean on a summer day' he took a deep breath.

Then he waved his hand in front of Y/N's face and said, "Do your eyes have a problem? Can't you see me?"

Y/N turned her face towards Satoru again. This time a smile was on her lips. "Your being can be felt from kilometers away with all the cursed energy you bear, let alone when your loud ass is sitting next to me!"

'Feisty one!' Satoru thought and folded his while crossing his legs one over the other, looking at the place where Y/N was constantly staring.

"Have you never seen trees in the autumn?" He looked at Y/N over his glasses. 'Let's bring out her angry face.' He grinned.

"I've seen, but I never had time to sit and watch them and enjoy the view." She didn't bother herself to look at his face because she knew what he was trying to do.

Satoru tilted his head to the side. "You had to set aside time for your hobbies between murder sessions." Bam! He got the point! With victory flowing in his veins, he turned his attention to the cell phone.

Miscalculation. He never thought Y/N would have an answer for his sarcasm, but surprisingly he heard her sigh and tired voice. "It wasn't because of that ...When people are around, it means there are curses too. Even sitting in the park for a minute on an autumn day is enough to make my heartache from the intensity of their bad feelings. But this isn't the case here. There are no human beings. I never thought there would be such a place. It's like heaven; I love being here." She looked happy. Satoru stared at her face. Was she different from the others, or was she pretending to be? Even his six eyes couldn't find an answer for him.

"Try not to love anything, love is the most twisted curse of them all ..." He said with a nonchalant tone.

"You mean that you never loved anyone or anything?" She looked surprised. I mean, she wasn't blind. She could see that the man beside him was definitely handsome, and as much as she knew, he was good with the ladies.

"Not since my fucked up childhood." He stole his gaze from Y/N.

"I feel sad for you," Y/N sighed.

Satoru's eyes widened in surprise, 'Who the hell does she think she is to pity the strongest?' but he knew her tone wasn't hurtful; she really seemed sad. Strange. So he decided to continue the discussion differently. "By the way, with all the money you have saved from years of killing, you could buy a private island for yourself. Curses won't bother you there~"

"A private island? It's true that I was alone for a long time and I learned to enjoy being alone but I don't like to distance myself from humans. They are not to blame. They don't realize the harm they are doing. Someone has to help them ..." She didn't continue.