"look, you don't have to say it if you don't want to. and don't say something because felix made you to."

hyunjin stared at him, a little in silence. he took a moment before sighing, licking his lips as he leaned in his seat. "i'm sorry."

wooyoung blinked, a little taken aback. but after a while of staring at hyunjin, he smiled. hyunjin always hated that smile. always. but today it felt different. it felt like he smiled for himself not because he wanted something in return. but because he wanted hyunjin to see it.

"it's okay. it was not something new." wooyoung said, carelessly flinging his phone on his table. 

"oh." hyunjin hiked out awkwardly as he looked down at his hands, ignoring his eyes.

"is there anything else you want to tell me?"

hyunjin lifted his head up. "um no." he said. "i guess."

the air was so awkward that hyunjin wanted to snatch the muffin from the table beside them and shove it down his throat.

"well, if that is it then i will leave." wooyoung said, standing up.

what? what the hell happened to hyunjin listening to wooyoung?

"wait" he snapped, grabbing his wrist. "fine fine. there is more. just stay."

wooyoung smiled at him before sitting back down. hyunjin awkwardly pulled his hand away from his, folding it against the table.

"i don't know if it makes sense but i think i will listen."

"listen to what?"

"to you." he looked at him. "i never did. i never listened to your side. but now i want to."

wooyoung looked surprised but a little happy. he did a bad job concealing that, though. for some reason, hyunjin's heart warmed the more he gazed at him. "did father really gave you so much shit?"

"mmm-hmm." wooyoung nodded, tucking his palms under his weight and rocking his body in his seat. the two of them chose to remain silent for a moment. meanwhile hyunjin's americano and macarons arrived. "you know, at times i envy the life you have."

"my life?" hyunjin's eyebrows shot up so quickly.

"yes." wooyoung said. "you had a sense of freedom that i didn't."

"how so?"

"because if father didn't treat you as his son, then he only treated me as his heir." wooyoung smiled, a little painfully. "i had to study what he wanted to. i had to meet up with the people he wanted to. i had to hang out with the friends he wanted to.  i had to live like he wanted to. but you, he gave you the money and left you alone, letting you do whatever you want to do."

for the first time in hyunjin's life, he actually pitied wooyoung. it was indeed huge because he had thought that it was impossible. seungmin was right; if only he actually listened. he never acknowledged the fact if hyunjin was the son his father hid from the world, then wooyoung was the son his father forced into the world.

"are you still planning to cut ties with father?" wooyoung asked.

"yes."

"oh."

wooyoung dropped his head but hyunjin caught the flash of pain in them. he leaned forward.

"why does that concern you so much?" he asked, genuinely surprised. "is this because of my mom?"

"maybe." wooyoung gave a small shrug. "but i just..." he trailed off, not knowing how to finish the sentence. he stared at hyunjin, hoping he would catch on that, which obviously our homeboy didn't. "i guess i am just scared to lose both mom and you."