Kou looked back up and cupped his hands around Mitsuba's face. "You cut your hair."

Mitsuba chuckled, "Had no choice, love."

Kou blushed and hid his face. "Did Mitsuba just call me 'love'!?" He thought.

Mitsuba gently placed his hand under Kou's chin and made eye contact with the shorter boy. "Can I kiss you?"

Kou's hands slipped to Mitsubas shoulders as he nodded. "Please."

Mitsuba lifted Kou's chin and he kissed Kou's cheek. He kissed Kou's jawline and the corner of his mouth. He pulled away and ran a hand through Kou's hair. "Kou I have something to tell you."

Kou's heartbeat quickened and he pulled himself closer to Mitsuba. "Yes?"

Mitsuba rubbed Kou's cheek softly and wrapped his arm around Kou's waist. "Kou Minamoto, I like you. No, I love you. I'm in love with how you smile. I'm in love with your beautiful eyes and your golden hair. I'm in love with your personality and how you brighten my day just by being present in the same room as me. I'm in love with your beautiful soul. I'm in love with Kou. It won't matter how you change, I'll love you always." He wiped away the tear marks from Kou's stunend face.

Kou smiled, "I love you too. I love how you protect me and cherish me. I love how gentle and kind you are with everyone. I will love you until the day we die."

The two boys sat in the setting sunlight and kissed. Mitsuba pulled Kou in while massaging his back and Kou gripped Mitsuba's shoulders. They pulled away and Kou felt a sudden rush of embarrassment.

"S-sorry!" He apologized quickly and hid himself in the crook of Mitsuba's neck.

Mitsuba laughed, "Oh my dear. It's alright"

Kou and Mitsuba stood up after a while and headed in the same direction. "Hey! How about you come over to my house for a bit?" Mitsuba offered.

Kou nodded. "I'd like that. What will we do?"

Mitsuba tapped his chin lightly, seeming to be in deep thought. "Ah I've got it! I'll paint you."

Kou was shocked at his answer. Mitsuba painted? And of course, his quest was answered once they entered Mitsuba's home. All along the walls were paintings of scenery and of people.

Mitsuba showed him around and they finally got to the last two paintings. "These are paintings of my mother and father. I miss them, but it's alright because I have them here," he put his hand over his heart, "they live on in my memories. Well, enough with the depressing stuff. Follow me."

Kou followed Mitsuba into a room where a blank canvas stood.

"Sit there," Mitsuba points to a stool in front of the canvas. Kou follows his instructions and sat down.

About an hour passed and Mitsuba finished his painting. He showed it to Kou and got a satisfactory reaction.

"Woah! It looks so amazing! You're so talented Mitsuba." He smiled warmly and turned to meet Mitsuba's gaze.

Mitsuba ruffled Kou's hair. "Thanks hun."

A moment of silence passed through the air. Then Kou held Mitsuba's hand. "Kou, what are we?"

"Pardon?"

"Ah- well... I mean, we just confessed our feelings, but right now we are only friends who have romantic emotions toward each other. So, what are we? Or rather, what can we be?" Kou tightened his grip.

"Oh I see! Well, Kou, I love you. I really love you. So, would you please date me? Can you make me your boyfriend?" Mitsuba asked.

Kou smiled, "Yes, let's date. Let's be boyfriends."

The two embraced each other lovingly and kissed once more.

"Kou, I love you."

"I know, I love me too," Kou joked

"Hey cmon! Say it back!"

"Alright alright," Kou placed a hand on Mitsuba's cheek, "I love you too."

Fin

_____________________________________________

Holy schnuckins sorry for like... ghosting yall.

Hopefully this chapter was worth the wait lol.

I've decided this'll be the last chapter. However, I've also decided that I'll rewrite the chapters before this one so it'll make more sense.

I have grown in my writing and I don't want that doo doo ass water writing to stalk this fanfic.

Also! I bet I owe an explanation for being away for a while so I'll explain in an update post here lol. It'll be out about 20min after I post this so stay tuned!