Good news or bad news

(I don't own the mortal instruments)

Mum I say worriedly. She said she be home when I got back. I take my little brother, Max's hand and walk into the house. MUM I shout but no one answers, I look down at Max he looks scared, he's only eight. We walk into the living room and I stifle a scream. My father, Valentine is holding a seraph blade in her chest. Blood is dripping onto the carpet. Next to me Max starts to whimper, Valentine who seemed to notice us then drops our mother and races out the door. I thought about running after him but my only thought was mum. I rush over to her and look into her eyes. Dead. Max starts to cry, and being the big sister I am I pick him up and hold him as we cry together. Suddenly someone pulls him out of my arms and cuts his throat, I scream and try to see the murders face, but a hood is covering it. Then he walks over, seraph blade in hand and gently cuts my cheek, it was your fault they died  he says in a soft yet terrifying voice then he pulls his arm back and strikes home.

*****************

I wake up with a gasp and see Max looking very worried and very much alive. I can feel the tears running down my face but I don't care, I pull him into a big hug and sigh in relief. " It was just a dream" I say letting go of him and add "well some of it" we hold hands and I look at him, he was very small for his age just like me, he has big brown eyes and nerdy glasses, he's short and skinny. "Want to talk about it?" He says I sigh again "it was about the night we found mum but this time a man in a hoodie h-he killed y-y-you, max" I stutter between sobs. He rubs my back while I cry saying sweet things to me "well it's ok Clary your not going to loose me ok" I give him a small smile. Out of my three brothers max and I were the closest, I think cause when mum died it hit us really hard and max being so little when it happened lost his mum so young, we decided stayed together. " Want me to sleep with you tonight" to most sisters that would sound terrible but to me I was completely grateful "thanks Max" he didn't say anything just crawled under the covers and snuggled up to me, and we slowly went to sleep.

The next morning I wake up at 6:45 to go on my run. I hop out of bed quietly so I don't wake Max, he looks so peaceful in sleep, his hair falling in front of his face. It was normal to see us sleep together since we shared the same room not that I minded we had decorated it so it looked pretty cool. Our room was huge, in one corner of the room was my queen size bed and on the other corner was his bed. We had two wardrobes for our clothes, we had a bookshelf full of comics and books, a desk for my drawings and a door at the foot of my bed which led to our bathroom. We had also colour coded everything to dark blue, black and white. I throw on some yoga pants and a blacks sports bra and I grab my earphones. I walk quietly downstairs and hear noise coming from the training room, I quickly go and see who it is. When I open the door I see my brothers, Jonathan and Sebastian. They were fighting hand-to-hand combat. Even thought they were twins they barley looked anything alike, Jonathan had blond, white hair and dark eyes they were nearly black, he was tanned and very strong. Sebastian had charcoal black hair with pale white skin and the same green eyes as me, although Jon was stronger than Seb, Seb was faster. I laugh as Jon takes Seb by surprise and jumps on him. "Hey Clary" I hear Jon shout I wave and start for my run.

When I got back I was sweating and breathing hard and my clothes started to itch so I go run the shower. I walk in my room and see that Max is absent, he must have been eating breakfast. I strip my sweating and smelly clothes off and hop into the steaming water. I thought about my dream I had last night, before my mum died and valentine was still using the mortal cup, my mum married her best friend Luke Garroway even though he isn't our father by blood Seb, Jon and I consider him our father since he has looked after us when mum died, like how Max is our step-brother since mum had him with Luke before the whole war started. I sigh it's been four years and I'm turning seventeen sometime next month. I hop out and dry myself then I go in search for some clothes. I throw on some blue jeans and a black tank top. I brush my blood red hair and run downstairs to the kitchen. I see Jon, Seb and Max sitting at the table eating cereal and Luke is drinking coffee while reading a letter "morning" I say and grab a apple, then I sit next to Jon. They all mutter a 'hello' I roll my eyes. I hear a gasp and see that Luke is looking at the letter in his hand "what's wrong?" Seb says "what's the letter" I say ignoring him, he glares at me. "I've got some news and your not going to like it" he says looking grim. I furrowed my eyebrows and cock my head to the side meaning go on. He sighs "well the first thing is I got a message from the clave saying that demons are over populating in New York and since we are the closes shadowhunters we have to move to the institute there." There was silence for about three seconds then a roar of questions were thrown around. "Hey, HEY." He yells and we go silent "it's only for a little while it depends on how things go....and that's not the only news" he looks worried and a bit angry "please just tell us, Dad" Max says impatiently. Luke looked at us each on turn then spoke slowly "The clave also say that a lot of young shadowhunters have been treating mundanes poorly and they don't want what Valentine did to start again so..." He takes a deep breath "you are to go to a mundane school for six months in New York to understand them and care for them" there was another round of silence before the roar started again "GUYS CALM DOWN PLEASE" I huff in annoyance "that is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm not leaving Simon or Magnus" I say stubbornly. Simon and Magnus were my best friend, they lived on a block next door, with a very modern house, Simon was a vampire and Magnus was the high warlock of Brooklyn, but he found Simon without a vampire pack and no where to live and was sick of all the drama so they moved out here. We live in Luke's old farm house, he use to come here with my mum when they were younger. "Clary don't you think the clave knows that, they said it would be good if some downworlders attend as well" I huffed and cross my hands across my chest "what I don't wanna go to a mundane school, please, don't let them do this" Jon was on his knees begging and Seb was half way there. Luke groaned "I'm sorry. Ok go and pack your stuff we leave in tomorrow.