Chapter 9

"..Wait.. you're.. you're kidding.. right? This must be another dream there's no wa--"

Venti grabbed Xiao by his hands and smiled up at him. Grabbing Xiao's chin, who was facing down, tilting it slightly up to make him look up again.

"So.. you're the Anemo archon.. I guess that explains some things.." Xiao bowed down, or at least tried to.
"Barbatos you have no idea how much I owe you and how much you've made me feel so much more better and--"

"You don't need to, Xiao. I know it meant a lot to you, and that's already enough for me, honestly." Venti smiled and let go of Xiao's chin.

"W-Wait- but-"

"Oh, and please! Do address me with Venti still, it's also more safer for me, y'know?" Venti winked and continued walking, no, he was skipping happily forward, Xiao standing there and looking at him doing so. Oh man, Xiao felt stupid for saying all those things to him.

After Xiao and Venti found a good place to sit, both of them sat down. They looked over a mellow, Venti and Xiao walked a bit further than they were wanting to, but it was fine now that Venti's view was even better than anything else, seeing the sun on Xiao's rather happy yet nervous face.

"I always enjoy looking over such mellows, you know.. sadly, there are no apples nearby, hehe!" Venti looked at Xiao, happily as he looked back at him.

"It truly is beautiful, yes. Thank you for showing me this, Venti.." Xiao showed a small smile on his face, which made Venti very excited and even hugged Xiao, who was very surprised again by the sudden actions of the god.

Eventually, Xiao hugged him too, and Venti started to just lay on Xiao's lap with his head, looking up smiling at the now blushing Xiao.

He placed his hand on Venti's chest and closed his eyes, enjoying the sunset together with his friend. As soon as Xiao closed his eyes, Venti had a little panic inside, Xiao was actually happy for once! Or at least, he was showing it!

"Do you really trust me this much, Xiao.. to actually express your emotions? I'm so glad.. you know, having you here with me like this, I enjoy this more than sitting here on my own, with the most delicious apple in whole world or the bestest of wines, because this.. this is just so.. comfortable and.."

"I agree, Venti.. I too enjoy this moment." Xiao looked down at Venti, who grabbed Xiao's cheeks from his lap. Xiao smiled slightly, blushing and the two just stared at each other until the sun was fully down.

Xiao looking at Venti, and Venti looking at Xiao.

Xiao and Venti were still smiling, as someone in the background approached them, Xiao saw it quickly and sat up, putting Venti up, too and turning around, already with his spear in hand. He mustn't let Venti get hurt.. again.

Turns out, it were just tourists, they seemed frightened by the sight of Xiao and his spear, and quickly ran away, screaming. Venti sighed, laughing a bit.
"Oh! Now that's good entertainment for once in a while, and to be honest, it's also a great way to break the ice." Venti walked up to Xiao, looking at him with a bright smile.

Though in the background, a lot of noise could be heard, Xiao and Venti were already too busy with eachother, Venti wanting to hug again, but Xiao slightly just pushed him away instead.

"Shall we go to the Inn now? Or is there something you still want to do?" Venti said, walking around Xiao, smiling.

"Oh, no there's nothing, really-"

"MONSTER! WHAT ARE YOU? IDENTIFY YOURSELF!" Someone shouted at Xiao, he turned around to see an angry crowd standing around the two of them, they had fire torches in their hands.