05 | goodbyes

Mulai dari awal

"I'll see you later you two" Rosanna smiled before following after Dumbledore.

...

Rosanna sat on a chair in front of Dumbledore's desk, her arm holding up her head. "It's good to see you again, Miss Robinson" Dumbledore began, Rosanna only hummed in acknowledgement. "I know you probably have a lot of resentment towards me but I only want to tell you something, how you returned from the dead" Dumbledore said making Rosanna's head shoot up.

"What?" Rosanna said. "On the night Peter Pettigrew killed you something happened. A wizard or Witch cannot kill the one they love the most, no matter how hard they try. So you see because Peter Pettigrew was so in love with you the curse worked only for a short while before you were brought back to life" Dumbledore explained.

"Not only did you come back but you came back with a new power. A power that is only given to some people that have suffered the same fate as you. A power to revive the dead" Dumbledore said making Rosanna feel like the world had stopped turning.

"How do you know this? How do you know I have this power?" Rosanna asked angrily. Dumbledore said nothing but grab a book of his shelf. "Everyone who has your power is in this book" he said simply as he opened up the book and handed it to her.

And there it was, clear as day, her name in big bold letters.

Rosanna shakily placed the book on Dumbledore desk. "I understand that this is a lot to Process Miss Robinson" Dumbledore said comfortingly. "Just a bit" Rosanna scoffed. "So how does it work, the power's I mean" Rosanna asked after a few minutes.

"Well, you can't revive people if they have been dead longer than half an hour. When you do revive someone all you have to do is place you left hand over heart. Now, you need to choose who you save carefully, you can only save up to five people" Dumbledore informed her.

Rosanna felt sick to her stomach, she didn't want this power. She didn't want to have to choose who to save and who to not. She didn't want anything to do with this.

She knew one thing for sure, if Dumbledore died she wouldn't be reviving him. Not with what he did to her and her friends. As she thought about this she could feel an angry fire build up in her heart.

"We were just children" Rosanna mumbled. "Excuse me" Dumbledore asked. "We were still children when you brought us into the order, we had no time to choose what we chose to do and it ruined our lives, you ruined our lives" Rosanna vented, staring at Dumbledore angrily who just sat there silently watching her.

"I didn't force you to join, Miss Robinson" Dumbledore said calmly making Rosanna's face fall. "I guess you forgot how you took James's invisibility cloak away the day before Voldemort came which could have saved them. I'm guessing your forgetting that you knew Sirius didn't kill Pettigrew and me. I'm guessing that you forgot that we gave up our lives for you. Me, Sirius, Lily, James, Remus, Marlene, Dorcas, Alice, Frank, Mary, the list goes on! What did we get? A lifetime of misery and death" Rosanna shouted.

"You knew what you were doing, getting everyone to fight your battles. Why can't you just admit you did it, we all know you did it!" Rosanna shouted at him but was met with a silence. "You know what I'm done, Goodbye Professor" Rosanna said as she stood up from her chair and fled from the room with tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

When she was far from his office she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She slowly wandered back up to where she had left Harry and Hermione pushing down her anger and sadness as she went. She stopped outside the door and plastered on a big smile before opening the door.

"Hiya you three" She greeted happily. "Hi Rosanna" Harry smiled. Rosanna walked over to them and sat down next to Harry on one of the hospital beds. "Rosanna?" Harry said making Rosanna turn to face him. "Yeah?" She spoke. "You knew my mum, right?" he asked. "Yup, and your dad" Rosanna said.

"What were they like?" He asked. "They were, the nicest bravest people I have ever met. You dad, James, well what can I say, he was just smitten with your mum the day he laid eyes on her however the story wasn't the same for your mum, she hated him, or so she said" Rosanna laughed a little

"You mum was the nicest, most caring woman and I was blessed to be able to call her my best friend" Rosanna smiled sadly at Harry. "They loved you more than anything Harry" Rosanna said as she placed a hand on top of Harry's.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Rosanna said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out an old polaroid picture and handed it to him. "That's the day Lily told me she was pregnant with you; I was over the moon of course" Rosanna smiled.

He went to hand it back to her but she pushed it back to him. "You can keep it; I don't imagine you have many pictures of her" she said watching as harry shook his head. He looked down at the picture and couldn't help but let a smile crawl onto his face. "Thank you, Rosanna" he said.

 "Thank you, Rosanna" he said