Chapter 2

Soon Yibo grew closer and closer towards Xiao Zhan each day. They spend almost every evening together. Right after Yibo finished his school he will come to Xiao's workshop and hangout with Xiao Zhan, watched as the older guy working on fixing the engines, changing tyres, or even just tinted the window. Then after work, Xiao Zhan will treat him to eat something spicy in the nearest stall. Which later Xiao Zhan apologise for making Yibo shed tears because he can't handle the spicy soup.

Like today, Yibo rushed to the front door of the house and open it. He literally wrapped in thick sweaters. The winter has come, and new year also getting closer. Yibo hid half of his face inside the scarf before he climbed upstairs to greet Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan sat half naked on the floor with a canvas and paints everywhere. When Yibo entered the room, Xiao Zhan immediately look up and smiles wide.

"Ah, Yibo you here!" He said happily.

Yibo dropped his bag and sat next to Xiao Zhan, watching him painting the canvas.

"What are you painting?" He asked.

Xiao Zhan pout as he think to himself "I'm not sure, I just feel bored so I paint it randomly" he answered.

"Then would you draw me a pretty flower?" Yibo said as he figure the colour would look nice together.

Xiao Zhan nodded, "Sure, what kind of pretty flower you like?"

Yibo hummed, as he thinking silently. Xiao Zhan stares at him sincerely, watching the boy jumping in excitement as he said the name of the flower.

"Peony?"

Yibo nodded.

Xiao Zhan shrugged, "Alright, Peony then" he said and started to paint it delicately.

Yibo wait in advance, his eyes didn't leave Xiao Zhan's brush as it slowly creating the image of blooming Peony flower. Yibo giggled happily, he pointed at the flower and said

"I wish to be flower so I could be the prettiest and happiest person in the world!"

Xiao Zhan frowned before he chuckled, patting Yibo's head.

"Aren't you already the prettiest and happiest person in the world?" He asked.

Yibo blushed and nodded. Xiao Zhan could feel his heart fluttering with love and warmth. He feel like he wants to make the kid constantly smile and laughs, he also feel like Yibo need to be protect at all cost and he is willing to do that.

They hangout for a while, playing games and talk about random stuff and then Yibo sleepover at Xiao Zhan's house like always.

However with different things today.

"Are you really alright with me watching horror movie? You seems pale just by hearing the title" Xiao Zhan asked staring at Yibo who already wrapped with his blanket, leaned on the side of his bed. He nodded one more time to confirm it.

Xiao Zhan of course can't believe it, so he went to sat next to Yibo and hug him close. During the first few scenes of the movie, Yibo already screaming and hiding underneath Xiao Zhan's neck. Xiao Zhan laughed at Yibo during the whole movie because he keep screaming and jumping around when there is jumpscares.

"Ge, it's not funny" he said almost in tears.

"Ah alright alright, I'll stop. You don't have to watch it, I'll watch it by myself" Xiao Zhan said.

He let Yibo sat on his laps and hugging him close. Not long after, when the movie has ended, Xiao Zhan noticed that Yibo already asleep in his arms.