Lu Jingye was tall and had long legs, so he could reach the cherries that grew at the top. Those that he picked were all large and red. The greedy Zi Yi could not resist and sneaked one into her mouth.

It just so happened that Lu Jingye saw her actions when he turned around.

He then said disapprovingly, "There are bugs on cherries. Eat them after washing them."

Zi Yi blinked her beautiful eyes and ate the cherry without the slightest guilty conscience before she said, "The bugs inside the cherries are rich in protein, so it doesn't matter if you eat some."

She continued chewing after having said that and smiled at him. "The cherries are delicious."

Lu Jingye's temper disappeared in an instant.

In the end, they only made their way back after he had picked two and a half baskets worth of cherries.

On the way back, Zi Yi glanced at Lu Jingye who was carrying one basket in each hand, and asked, "Do you think Auntie will feel awkward if she sees me now?"

Lu Jingye turned towards her and said affirmatively, "You're very good, so it will be fine. My mother likes you a lot already."

Zi Yi smiled in response.

Chapter 232: Yiyi Cannot Call You Sister Song

When Zi Yi and Lu Jingye returned to the temple, Mrs. Lu was not resting inside her room. One of the bodyguards informed her that she had gone to meet Master Huihe.

Lu Jingye carried the cherries inside and got someone to submerge some of them in a bowl of saltwater. "Eat them only after they've soaked for a while."

Zi Yi nodded. "Then let's go find Auntie."

Thus, the two of them headed towards Master Huihe's yard.

When they arrived, Master Huihe seemed to have said something to Mrs. Lu, as her joyous voice could be heard from outside.

"Is that so? Then I can rest assured."

Zi Yi and Lu Jingye met gazes before they continued making their way inside.

Just as they arrived in the middle of the yard, they encountered Mrs. Lu and Master Huihe coming out from the hall.

Master Huihe came up to them and greeted them by raising her clasped hands.

Lu Jingye followed her movements and returned a greeting.

Upon seeing them, Zi Yi also did the same.

Master Huihe looked towards Zi Yi and said, "You have an excellent face, and you're someone blessed with wealth."

Zi Yi's lips curled up slightly and she asked, "Master, could you tell me when will Lu Jingye and I get married?"

"Ahem..."

Mrs. Lu did not expect Zi Yi to be so straightforward.

On the other hand, Lu Jingye understood her very well. She had obviously asked on purpose.

Master Huihe laughed in response. "Then it'll depend on both of your intentions."

Zi Yi nodded in satisfaction and did not ask further.

Mrs. Lu spoke up at that moment. "Master Huihe, we shall not disturb you then."

Having said that, she turned to Zi Yi and Lu Jingye. "Let's go."