When Mandy couldn't reach them Howard came to her aid, "I want to give you the option to chase your dreams." Mandy went for the cups and felt her hand graze Howard's, "what if?" They took each other's hand, "what if my dream changes?" Howard smiled, "then perhaps we chase it together." Mandy nodded then poured a cup of coffee for him and Jarvis. The three would discuss living arrangements at the kitchen table and just what the future truly had in store for them.

"Howie, Howard," Mandy got up from her chair and walked to the fire place to retrieve a photo, "in the 20's my family was well off. We were happy but the depression came and we moved here to this one bedroom apartment," Mandy walked and handed the photo to Howard, "this is my family. This is all I have left." Howard got up and took Mandy's hand, "i know you need time to decided." Mandy shook her head, "I want to." Howard smiled before Mandy continued, "Howie, I have lost everyone and what ever that spark was." Howard interrupted Mandy, "I don't want to lose it either."

Howard kissed Mandy's hand. "When do I need to pack my things?" asked Mandy. Howard pulled Mandy to her feet, "darling we can do that tomorrow. Please. Please come home with us. There is so much I wish to show you." Jarvis let out a sigh, "the poor girl will need some clothes to change into sir. Let her go pack a bag. Will come back for the rest of her belongings later."  Howard nodded as Mandy went to get a bag to pack her things.

It would be two months before she'd return to clear out her belongings. She'd spent every waking moment with Howard as he showed her all his inventions, told her of his plans and preparations for the future. She believed to have found her right partner. On Christmas Eve, 1942, Mandy was finally moved into Stark mansion where she'd begin her new life as the doting house wife.  She planned to play the part perfectly until she received an unexpected surprise. On Christmas morning Mandy would wake up to find a fully decorated tree filled with presents. As she wandered around it she could hear Howard say, "want to open some?" Mandy walked over to Howard, "not without Mr. Jarvis." Howard smiled, "I gave him his gift and the rest of the year off. We have the house to ourselves." Howard motioned for Mandy to pick one. She looked at each gift and noticed they all had her name on it.

Eventually Mandy would settle on her first gift. A small box wrapped I. Red and gold. "Are these really all for me?" Asked Mandy. Howard nodded and gestured for her to open it. He so hoped she'd pick that one first and as Mandy opened it Howard went and got on one knee, "I know this will be just an act but I still stand by what I said. I want to give you everything. I want to help you chase your dreams." Mandy smiled as he placed the ring on her finger, "i think I've found my new dream" Howard kissed Mandy's hand, "then perhaps," Howard smiled, "if you let me. Maybe we could chase that dream together." Howard stood up and pulled Mandy in for a kiss, "it's only been 2 months but I couldn't help it." Mandy smiled, "yes." Howard got wide eyed, "really?" Mandy nodded her head, "yes. No rehearsals. No parts to play. Yes." Howard kissed Mandy once more. He was over joyed at the idea that the women he loved had loved him in return. "Do you want to stay and open your gifts? Or perhaps we could take a stroll?" Mandy took Howard hand and pulled him toward the stairs, "let me go get changed Mr. Stark." Howard smiled, "I'll be waiting Mrs. Stark."

In that moment the two shared their happiness but in the next war would set them on a different path. A knock came at the door as Howard and Mandy were headed to leave. Upon opening the door they would find Colonel Philips and a soldier. "My apologies for bothering you today," said the colonel. Howard with irritation in his voice said, "we were just headed out." Mandy took Howard's hand, "the colonel would be here if it wasn't important," Mandy turned to the colonel, "colonel would you like to come in." The two stepped inside before Mandy continued, "how about you take this to your office dear. I'll go start a pot of coffee."

Upon entering Howard's office Mandy was faced with being the odd man out. There was no place for a woman during talks of war according to the soldier. She was pleasantly surprised to here Howard stay, "if you want my company to contribute then my wife stays." The colonel got wide eyed, "congratulations Mr. Stark." Howard smiled then looked to Mandy, "what do you think dear?" Mandy looked at the files on the desk, "it seems highly profitable for Stark industries and I believe you'd be a good assets to Project rebirth." The colonel got wide eyed and was cut off by Mandy, "I have ears general and besides, I know how to read," she looked to Howard, "I think we should, but it's your call dear." Colonel Philips got up from his seat, "We don't need a decision now but do need one soon," he collected the files, "let's reconvene in the new year." Howard stood up, "I'll do it. Will meet in the new year to discuss specifics." Colonel Philips and the soldier left.