Prologue

Inspired by the otome game Obey Me, and fanfiction stories. I deeply apologise. This is cringy, and it has a lot of missed spaces. Without further adew, let's spell away into Hidden Rose prologue

🌌⭐️🌌

A young woman with ginger hair and glasses walked along a street, her heels cracking against the ground. Her name was Fellia Cortex. A young woman in her early twenties.

She was scrolling through her apps and found the old game. Obey me. It brought about a feeling of nostalgia. There are so many feelings and happiness and bitter sweet feelings. It was a game she and her cousin was a fan of since its release years prior.

It had been her secret pleasure. She didn't know why she was drawn to fictional characters and always wished to live in that world. But it was wishful thinking. They were worlds apart.

After a moment, Fellia moved away from the app and found the one she needed. Making a call and tucked her phone away. 

In her day to day life, she worked for a small business that was growing. She had gained a lot of experience.

She used to study at a local college. During the pandemic, she had switched to online studies and rarely visited the campus except for compulsory classes or borrowed resources from the library.

It consumed a lot of her time. She recalled It was around that time that she had started to spend less time playing on the app until it became a distant memory.  

But there were moments remembered the game and characters in it, she had enjoyed it. Especially the anime. She missed it.

She could love a fiction character, but when it came to real-life relationships with the opposite gender. She was very shy and didn't seem to click with anyone.

Later that night. She was chilling in the living room with her favourite cousin. Who was staying over for the week and catching up on old times.

It was somewhere during that conversation that the game was mentioned. It was a coincidence she had been reminiscing on old times earlier that same day.

Her cousin mentioned new characters had been added to the game. Another game on the way.

That's when the cousin asked if she had been on the app itself or staring at it.  She'd looked bit and didn't have the time to go in it.

The anime. she'd watched the season, but it could only do so much to fill that feeling of emptiness inside. She needed to face reality chances of ever living in that world was very low.  It's not possible.

Cousin put her hand on hers, look of empathy. "You never know. Life works in mysterious way, Fellia. You only need to just believe."

It was easy for her cousin to say but left it be. Fellia decided to call it a night and went to bed. She lay on the bed, fully clothed, staring up at the ceiling. Her coyson's words echoed km her mind.

Years ago, she would've believed her cousin bit after all that's happened in her life. It's hard to believe such a thing could happen to a girl like her. It was wishful thinking. A fantasy out of her reach.

She even tried using one of online spells teleporting into another world, but it never worked.

Yet a small flicker amongst the Embers of her heart, a small warmth that held onto hope.

Unknowns to her. A figure appeared in the room with her cousin. Both of them nodded at each other.

Chanting ancient words. A symbol appeared under Fellia. The young woman's eyes started to feel heavy for a brief moment she swore she'd saw a familiar figure and a stranger of white robes with wings on their back.

She fell asleep.

The circle lit up against the dark room.  Almost blinding the two. It dimmed down.

The figure of sleeping Fellia was gone with only a crinkle of the bedsheets, the only proof she'd ever been there.

End of Prologue