Chapter 2 - The new team

The alarm bell had never sounded so good before . It was a new day , a new beginning . A step closer to all the haunting questions in her head . She had a scheduled meeting with Mr Andrews, one of the members of the new team today at 9 am . She had taken official leave from her hospital , nothing should go amiss , everything should be done diligently and perfectly from now on . They couldnt miss it this time .

She hopped into the shower , for the first time after many days the hum of her favourite song made its way onto her lips . She knew she would have to retell her story again and started mentally preparing herself for reliving the memories . Taylor put on her green cardigan top and slipped on her jeans . Green is the color of good luck her grandmothers voice echoed through her head . She smiled to herself .Her phone rang .She knew it was Jennifer , her best friend and colleague calling her to wish her good luck .They talked  for a bit and planned to meet up later that day. Jennifer and she went a long way back .They were roommates throughout medical school and it was Jennifer with whom she had hung out on that fateful night and probably the reason she was living and wasn't murdered with the rest of her family.

Taylor promplty arrived at the the office of Mr Andrews on time . She could see him through the glass . He seemed to be looking at some files probably related to her case. He was standing at the head of the table . There were 3 people around the table 2 men and 1 women . He seemed to be in an important discussion with them . She would have to  wait . But just then Mr Andrews saw her and immediately his face broke into a smile and he came upto her . 

"Oh Hi You must be Taylor. I'm Andrew Page , the leader of the new investigative team you can say " said Mr Andrews smiling .

"  Hello, nice to meet you "Taylor replied .

 "Please do come in " he said .

 Once Taylor entered the office , quick introductions were made .The other people were the rest of the team . Unfortunately Harry wasnt there . She had been looking forward to seeing him , she had heard so much about him . The stories of his brilliance and wit were often repeated by Jennifer who was a huge fan of his. 

" Today I'm just going to give you a briefing  on what we are going to be doing and your role in the same . Basically we are going to start again , we are going to treat it like the murders took place yesterday. Our only limitation is the time gap , we will have to rely on past forensic evidences and crime scene photos . However we plan to exhume the bodies of your parents and sister and do a further detailed analysis and for that purpose you would have to sign some forms . What we will be focusing on the most will be a detailed and thorough interrogation of all the people involved that night .Your interrogation will be completely done by Harry, he is our best detective and as you probably know  your account of the night is the most we have got to lead us on . He will arrive tomorrow . Your questioning will be in sessions and we will schedule it mostly in the evenings in order to fit in with your hospital working hours . We would also like to visit the crime scene and kindly ask you provide us the keys to the place "said Mr Andrews

"Yes of course. I'm more than obliged " said Taylor . She then signed the forms for exhumation. She wouldn't go to the site of course .It would be too much to bear . Mr Andrews then invited her for lunch with the rest of the team. Small talk was made throughout lunch . The team seemed friendly and approachable . Harry was mentioned a few times. Everyone seemed to be waiting for him . 

That evening Jennifer came over to Taylors house for dinner . Once their initial hunger cravings were satisfied , Taylor recounted the days events . 

"I'm happy with the team. Mr Andrews was professional and they seem to be taking  steps in the right direction "  Taylor said. 

"Yes , Tay ! The time is overdue " said Jennifer with a sigh  . "Oh and one day ill come with you for your sessions with Harry and you have got to introduce him to me " she continued 

"Ya sure! I've heard so much about him now ,I really have high expectations. "Taylor said

"Oh I'm sure he wont disappoint you " Jennifer said 

"And another interesting fact about Harry . He will be one of the most charming man you will ever meet "said Jennifer smiling.