Chapter 22: Must Come, To A Shattering End

Start from the beginning

They soon arrived at a nice house, flowers growing outside as well as a nice white wooden fence, securing the front yard from the dangers of the street. 

Tsukauchi unlocked the gate and they all walked towards the front door, Y/N growing more and more uneasy when he felt Aizawa's hand tighten around his. The hero was nervous, which made Y/N's replicate those feelings. 

Tsukauchi raised his hand and knocked on the door in a rhythmic tune, throwing Aizawa an apologetic look. 

The door opened a few moments later, a young women had her hair in a side braid. She was wearing a purple apron, her golden eyes locked onto the two men facing her. 

"You two are early! I'm so sorry, I was baking some cookies and had coffee running so we could all sit down and talk! Please come in" she said in a hurry, opening the door even wider. 

Aizawa's eyes widened and fraction and had a sinking feeling in his chest. She looked nice, and she spoke kindly. She definitely didn't seem like someone who would sell their son to an evil organization. Which made the heroes hopes of keeping Y/N with him, decrease a little. 

The group walked in, Eri smiling happily at the women, who returned the smile right back. 

"Hi! I'm Eri" Eri introduced, playing with the end of her dress nervously. She was slowly getting out of her shell ever since she was rescued,  but she was getting better and better. 

Y/N hid behind Aizawa's leg. He still had trouble meeting new people, adults in particular, since adults are what lead to a lot of kids dying. Kids that he saw as his brothers and sisters. 

"Hi Eri, I'm Shiyuna. It's nice to meet you" Shiyuna greeted back, kneeling down so she could shake her hand. 

Shiyuna's eyes drifted towards the more hesitant child. Y/N froze in place when his eyes locked with hers, the feeling of shyness and nervousness beginning to fade. 

"I never thought I'd see him again. Little Y/N" Shiyuna whispered, but knowing better than to approach Y/N. She knew he was scared, and didn't want to frighten him more. 

"We should get the meeting going then" Aizawa suddenly intervened, growing more and more bitter towards the women. Shiyuna only offered a smile and stood at full height, leading the way towards the kitchen. 

"You can take a seat then. The cookies are just about done" Shiyuna said, putting on oven mits and pulling the cookies out. 

Aizawa helped Eri and Y/N into their seats. Eri started looking at the flower centerpiece while Y/N traced all of Shiyuna's movements. 

Shiyuna returned to the table and put down the plate of cookies, as well as coffee for the grown-ups and juice for the two kids.

"Thank you ma'am. So, Shiyuna. You're 23 now, you had Y/N when you were just 17 years old" 

"Yes, it wasn't the best time for me" Shiyuna admitted, holding her mug with two hands, so she could warm up. 

"Not the best time?" Aizawa asked, raising a brow. 

"Me and my boyfriend were in high school when I got pregnant with Y/N. I had no idea what to do. I wasn't in the best place emotionally or financially. My mother wasn't very supportive of the pregnancy, and demanded I should abort Y/N. But I just got so attached, the moment I found out about being pregnancy. I couldn't take a life like that, it would be just so cruel for me not to even give Y/N a chance at life" Shiyuna explained. 

"And your boyfriend. What did he have to say about it?" Tsukauchi questioned.

"I.. I never told him. He was focused on becoming a doctor, I was so scared to tell him. If he dropped everything to support us, or if he demanded an abortion too, I was so scared of that happening. I panicked and kept it away, and I drove him away too. Soon after, I left my house and went to live on my own. I couldn't stay with my mom, since I feared for Y/N's safety" Shiyuna answered. 

"So the father has no knowledge of Y/N at all?" Aizawa asked. 

"He does, but he thinks I miscarried. When Y/N was born, I tried to work two jobs on top of taking care of him. But they weren't enough to pay for the motel, food, diapers, clothes, I didn't even have enough to buy him a crib or toys. Soon enough, we ran out of food, and Y/N was getting hungrier and hungrier. I couldn't turn to my mom for help, and Y/N's father was studying far away at that point. So, I walked all the way to a special care center. They took in children for parents who couldn't support their child, or fulfill their needs financially. I felt guilty for Y/N's suffering, so I admitted him there, and promised to come back when I could support the both of us" Shiyuna said, looking down at her lap. 

"When did you realize Y/N had disappeared?" Tsukauchi asked. 

"A few months after I took him there. I went to visit, but the organization said they were shut down and all the kids were put into the system. I was distraught, and I couldn't find him at any adoption center. They said he could've been sent overseas at that point. So when I got enough money, I bought a plane ticket to America, but he wasn't there either. I tried going to the police once I got back here, but they said they couldn't file a missing person's report, since Y/N was legally entered in the system. They told me to quit looking after that, but I never stopped" Shiyuna answered, looking down slightly. 

Y/N was closing his eyes, not understanding such a boring story, but Eri was getting emotional really fast. She had tears and all, looking back and forth between Shiyuna and Y/N. 

Aizawa looked at Y/N, pain seeping through him as he looked longingly at the sleeping boy. 

Right when he thought he could settle and be the parent Y/N needed, a perfect mother reappears after years of searching for her son. 

And he felt that promising future with Y/N, come to a shattering end, before it even started.