Missing piece

Lou Binghe was surprised when he saw a place with traces of a soul. It was quite the random place, a small town with a market place. He calmly walked as he watched the soul fragment of a child run around.

The child wore dirty robes, ripped at some places, like the sleeves. Another soul fragment was running toward the other smiling as he seemed to carry fruits. Both of the fragments were talking or well more like a one sided argument.

The smaller soul seemed to be angry scolding the taller one and once he got closer he was able to listen.

„Qi-ge what where you thinking going alone. What if it failed?"

The taller just laughed lightly before apologizing and receiving a light kick that would not harm anyone. A light laugh and apology were said softly by the taller.

That's when he saw the smallers face. Green eyes, that were sharp but still childish. The hair even if messy, framed the face in the familiar way, that he would always walk around with. When he looked closer at the taller, his eyes were all to familiar. They were not yet filled with endless apology's and that maturity only a leader would have. Both their faces much more childish, but clearly malnourished.

He watched as his late Shizun smiled with a look of adoration towards the late sect leader.

He only watched with a weird feeling in his chest. As they slowly walked through a crowd that could not see them and watched how the fragment of their souls slowly faded.

—————————

The moment he saw never left his mind, not even days after. He didn't know why but he felt this urge to find every part of his Shizun fragments and watch them. So he searched for that one woman who once claimed that he was her ex fiancé and murderer of her brother. Who was know is wife number...who knows.

He walked to her room. Of course she immediately started to talk to him. The conversation was long and he definitely didn't listen to most of it. „Haitang? Would you tell me about your childhood?", he asked and she immediately started to talk about her life.

He waited for anything of interest which was almost immediate. „-my brother", she started with a sad tone, „he was very doting and brought me that asshole Shen Jiu." she started angrily. „At first he was kind, playing with me and accompanying me. My brother even betrothed him to me. But he was selfish and instead killed him! He started a fire and killed so many people!", she cried out. „I am so grateful for my lord killing and punishing him."

Lou Binghe left afterwards, of course not before making up a reason to leave.

He searched for the records of the Qiu family, soon finding the place where they once lived. It was quite easy to get there.

—————————

The place was for one, very much destroyed. Some parts seemed still intact, while others were on the verge of collapsing. That's when he saw him. Shen QingQiu, he was walking through the broken down place and Lou Binghe could do nothing more then follow.

He watched how he entered through a very broken and burned doorway and another soul fragment appeared. The young teen looked similar to Qiu Haitang, but much more like a pretentious brat then anything else. He watched as unfamiliar soul fragments grabbed Shen Jiu before tying him up with a rope.

He watched as the Qiu Haitangs brother, screamed at his late Shizun and kicked him into the stomach with anger, again and again. Until blood dripped from Shen Jius mouth. He watched him wip him, missing sometimes and hitting his legs or arms instead. He follow with a hollow feeling how they dragged him into a room and throwing him in before untying him.