Personal Soldier (Nathan Sykes One Shot)

~Christine's POV~

I watched as the blood flowed from my arms. So much shit was going on in my life, cutting was my one escape. It helped me.

"Christine! Get down here now!" I heard my mum yell. I sighed and quickly cleaned away the blood before pulling down my sleeve so no one sees the scars. Running down, I spotted my mum crossing her arms. Oh God, not again.

"Where's your brother?" She asked crossly. Always the same question, always the same answer.

"I don't know," I exhaled slowly.

"You're supposed to control your brother! Make sure he's always home! Instead, you're always busy drooling over that band your boyfriend goes to! It's a distraction!" She yelled, moving forward while I slyly shuffled back a little. Normally, I would keep my head bowed and listen to her lectures and scoldings. But for some reason, today I snapped.

"It's always me! Every time Jackson goes missing, I get slammed for it! Every time dad goes on a business trip, I have to take care of all three of us! Do you know it breaks my heart to see you sometimes passed out on the floor, after all you drink! Jackson isn't even around much to help anymore! I come home from school, from all the crap I get, and I have to face this! I can't take this anymore! Mom, I'm fifteen, not twenty-five!" I yelled, before realising what I had just done. Mum's face seemed to boil right before me, and I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek before staggering a little. My hand gently cupped my cheek.

"Get. Out. Of my house. Now," she said through gritted teeth. I held back the tears that threatened to fall and ran out of the house. I ran all the way to the park, to a small corner I always went when I wanted to think. I couldn't believe I just said that. To my mother. I was a horrible daughter.

Dad always goes on these long business trips that last as long as a few months, and when he does, all hell break loose. Jackson, my older brother, always went out to drink and party with his friends, having just turned 18 years old. Mum, distraught at the mere thought of loneliness, would buy all sorts of alcohol and drink herself into oblivion. Often I would come home from school to find her passed out on the couch, leaving me to clean up after her.

At school, I was alone. My one true friend had just migrated to America, my boyfriend was busy touring the world. Who was my boyfriend? Nathan Sykes. He was always there for me, but it wasn't easy with his busy schedule. I never told him of my problems, not wanting to add any pressure in his life. My phone buzzed with a message.

Can't wait to see you again beautiful. Next week can't come fast enough. Love you loads xx

I couldn't wait either. Next week he was coming back for two nights to do a gig here. I smiled at Nathan's text, before sending a quick reply.

Me too... Life is dull without you. Counting down the days. Love you more xx

I hit send, and leaned my head against the tree I sat against. Nathan had no idea of my problems. I never told him, not wanting to add pressure to his already hectic life. He doesn't know of my mum's drinking problem, or of my slicing my arm open every day. I suffered in silence, and hopefully it stayed that way.

Grabbing a shard of rock, and dragged it along my arm, creating a scratch and letting the blood flow out. Somehow, it distracted me. Calmed me a little, if you will. After a while, the blood naturally stopped flowing. Pulling my sleeve back down I went back to face the wrath of my mum.

-A week later-

"Gloucester I want you to jump!" Nathan yelled, and we all did. All 10 000 in the huge open area, all jumping and screaming. They ended the night with Glad You Came, a classic. As soon as the crowd dispersed, I made my way to the side of the stage and flashed my VIP pass. The minute the huge burly security guard let me through, I sprinted to the dressing room. Nathan, being Nathan, insisted on one for himself so he could prepare to meet me. Basically, he wanted time alone first.