Compress searched for the marble in his pocket but curiously enough didn't find it.

"Midoriya! Todoroki! (L/N)! We're done!" Shoji's shout snapped you out of the haze you had drifted off to. "He gave away his best trick. I'm not sure what your quirk is, but it has to do with those little marbles, right?" He rose to his feet. "The ones you'd stashed in your pocket." He lifted his true hand and revealed two small marbles. "So I'm guessing these are Tokoyami and Bakugo."

Your heart soared in relief. These students of Aizawa just couldn't stop amazing you, could they? The kids turned and darted off, and you followed them on foot. For some reason you didn't feel like you could fly at the moment. It was apparent that your body was not running at 100%, though you weren't sure if that was caused by your fatigue from the last few days or if it was because your wings could consume fire.

Compress laughed. "Well, color me impressed. Just as I'd expect from someone with so many hands. How splendid."

Something ahead of your small group moved in the trees, and something that you had never seen before appeared from the dark shadows. "What the hell is that?!" You asked.

"A nomu!" Izuku replied.

"Quick, this way!" Todoroki shot to the left and the rest of them followed. The emergency brakes were pulled when a huge looming shadow blocked the path. You recognized him from the USJ incident; Aizawa had filled you in when he first showed up at your bar covered in bandages.

"Not this guy." Shoji growled.

"He was at the USJ." Todoroki was shocked.

"The warp villain." Midoriya was also terrified.

"It's been five minutes since the signal. Let's go, Dabi." The warp villain instructed the group of villains that you had left behind.

The blond girl said goodbye to Midoriya as she stepped through a portal while the Deadpool replica Todoroki dealt with dived through his own. Compress and who you assumed to be Dabi (it was nice yet horrifying to finally know who ruined your fucking life) stood in front of a larger portal.

"Hold on. We're not lesbian' without the kid." He stated, refusing to walk through.

"Don't worry." Compress said, making Dabi look over at him. "They were so proud of themselves for rooting through my pockets that I thought I'd let them gloat." He turned around to face your group when you quickly caught on to what he was saying.

"Allow me to explain a basic tenet of magic." He lifted his hands to his hat and his mask. "If I'm flaunting something shiny, it's because there's something else I don't want you to see." He revealed his face halfway and opened his mouth, sticking out his tongue to show two marbles—Bakugo and Tokoyami.

Right there in that split second you felt every ounce of your mind and sanity vanish from existence. Compress snapped his fingers and the marbles Shoji was carrying turned into ice. Anything that was said didn't reach your ears; there was no sound to the world around you. It all just seemed to be turning in slow motion.

It was all way, way too much for you.

The teenagers shot forward to the portal as they began to exit, leaving you frozen where you were. Compress bowed as final goodbye before a large beam of light shot him in the face. It caused both marbles to fall and the three boys lunged for them. Shoji caught Tokoyami while Todoroki was inches away from Bakugos marble before Dabi snatched it out of the air right before he had a chance to touch it. He demanded Compress to release them, revealing Bakugo with Dabis hand around his throat and Tokoyami within Shoji's reach. Midoriya darted forward to grab Bakugo, but it was too late.

The second the portals vanished, the scream that ripped through Midoriyas throat tipped you over the edge.

Vlad King was able to call for aid, and they arrived shortly after the villains departed the training camp. Out of the 40 students between both classes, 15 were unconscious that had been heavily affected by the gas. Eleven others were injured. Thirteen were physically unharmed...and one was missing. Pixie-Bob was in serious condition due to the blow to the head she received from one of the enemies and Ragdoll was missing. It was obvious that she had lost a lot of blood due to the scene at the partner table where you and Izuku never got a chance to stand for the test of courage. You fortunately were relatively unharmed thanks to a few scrapes and bruises here and there from your quirk training and the events that had unfolded earlier that night. Meanwhile on the villain's side three had been captured and arrested. The others disappeared without a trace thanks to that large shadow villain.

That didn't erase the fact that you felt utterly and entirely responsible for what happened to Bakugo while he was under your watch. You felt like Aizawa would never forgive you.

Needless to say, the vacation/training camp that you had been looking forward to turned into one of the worst moments of your life.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧
words; 1504

thanks for reading!

phoenix ✦ k.takami (hawks)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें