You weren't paying too much attention to what was happening around the students when two of the Pussycats showed up with a small boy tagging along. You gave them a brief wave before turning back to the view you had, enjoying being able to stretch your legs. Within a second you felt the ground crumble underneath you and barely caught yourself with your wings. You watched the entire class scream as they plummeted along with the landslide and into the forest below.

"What the hell was that?!" You shouted back at Aizawa and the pro hero's standing near him.

"Would you mind keeping an eye on them for me? We'll meet you back at the camp." He turned his back to you and waved you off. You scoffed under your breath and looked back down at the faint shrieks from below. You didn't come to the training camp to be used as a babysitter of all things.

Something came hurtling at you from a diagonal angle and you narrowly missed a large mud boulder knocking you out of the sky. You lowered yourself closer to the treeline in order to locate where the attack originated from. It didn't take too long for another boulder to be thrown in your direction. This one you had more anticipation for so your dodge wasn't as close of a call as the first one. This second attack also gave you a good idea of where it came from. You saw a gap in the expanse of trees and dipped down to find a mud golem staring straight up at you.

"So I'm a target too, eh? Guess I'm not just a babysitter after all." You said to nobody but yourself as you collapsed your wingspan and planted your heels firmly in the face of the golem. It crumpled on impact and you landed on your feet shortly after, glad you were wearing at least the basics of your hero uniform for this. You brushed the dust off of your thighs and stiffened at the sound of the bushes moving behind you. Was it another golem? You stepped back and prepped your wings to take off again when a voice stopped you.

"I don't need a fucking babysitter!"

"Of course you wouldn't, Bakugo." You teased the explosive teenager when he stomped out from the treeline.

"Don't be disrespectful to Ms. (L/N)! She's an alumni and we should be honored to have her here with us!" You didn't remember his name but he had glasses and huge tubes sticking out of his calves. You did know that he was the class rep.

"Why did you truly come along with us?" You did know that the one with red and white hair was Todoroki. He was Endeavour's son. "I'm surprised to see you being attacked by the golems as well."

"It was super cool how you smashed that one's face in with your feet! What's your quirk? I-I'm Izuku!" The cute looking broccoli boy you couldn't forget due to his quirks resemblance to All Mights.

"Are you following me?! Piss off, extras!" Bakugo shouted at his peers, small explosions emitting from his palms.

"I don't need the honorifics, just (L/N) is fine." You gave the class rep a soft smile and opened your mouth to answer the other two questions while ignoring Bakugo but you didn't get the chance to when a few more golems showed up. "Would you like a hand or can you handle them by yourselves?"

"I don't need your help!" Bakugo growled, exploding one's legs before doing the same to its head.

The other boys didn't seem to care to answer your questions and instead turned to their opponents. You shrugged and rolled your shoulders, preparing to stick around with this group for the time being.

It took eight hours to get to the cabin. You were deadbeat tired and barely able to fly let alone walk once you reached the clearing. You put your hands on your hips and tilted your head back, panting as your hair stuck to the nape of your neck thanks to sweat. You had been separated from the group of boys about three hours in and spent some time fighting on your own before stumbling across Mina and some of the other girls who had banded together to get through the woods. They were all a delight to work with and smart as well.

Overall after the way you'd gotten to know a majority of the class throughout your fights today gave you a good hope for the future of hero's. Aizawa had done a damn good job with this set of students considering all that he and them had been through together. As the last stragglers limp out of the treeline behind you, Pixie-Bob finally spoke up. You were too tired to fully make out what she was saying but you did catch the fact that she commended the group for getting through it in the time they did. She mentioned believing that it was going to take them longer but they surprised her.

You wandered off to Aizawa when Izuku spoke to Mandalay about her nephew, Kota. You barely caught the young boy punching the teenager in the crotch out of your peripheral and had to choke back your laughter. Aizawa elbowed you in contempt and you swallowed it. Shortly after he gives the class instructions to grab their bags from the bus and take them to their rooms.

"You have a room next to mine. I already put your bag in there." He told you after the kids slowly wandered over to the bus.

"Aww thanks." You gave him a pat on the shoulder. "What's the plan for tomorrow and the coming days?"

"You'll be up early training your quirks like the rest of the class. You'll have to wait and see what we do the rest of the time. Now come on, dinner's waiting. You need to get a plate before the kids come in and eat like a hoard of monsters." He walked towards the cabin and you followed him, humming under your breath as you looked forwards to stuffing your stomach and taking a hot bath afterwards.

Needless to say you filled your plate after not getting the chance to eat lunch thanks to taking down Pixie-Bobs Earth Beasts with the class of 1-A. You wolfed it down pretty quickly and put your empty plate in its respective place before vanishing to your room to grab your change of clothes and marching to the bathroom.

You enjoyed the warm water on your hot muscles and took your time soaking in it before your fingers got pruney. It was almost perfect that you decided to exit when you did since the girls of the class wandered in shortly after you were fully dressed.

You told them goodnight before making your way back to your room and pulling out your phone to call Hawks. You flopped yourself on the bed and listened to the familiar hum for a few moments before he answered.

"Hey stardust, how was today?" His voice reverberated through your phone. A comfortable warmth spread through your body and a smile graced your face.

"It was rough, but I survived. How was yours?"

"Not too bad. It was weird coming home to just a cat, though." He chuckled.

"How is Yoshio? He's not too upset is he?"

"Nah he's alright. He's definitely clinging to me like Velcro though."

"That's good, I'm glad." Your smile grew wider. "What do you have going on tomorrow?"

"Ah you know, just the regular stuff." He continued off on some of the ridiculous requests he was supposed to follow.

It didn't take long for you to fall asleep to the sound of his voice.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧
words; 1941

thanks for reading! please remember to vote!