𝐢𝐢. 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

Jun-ho's dark eyes gazed over her figure before turning back to the road.

"How come you're not in a relationship?" asked Y/n softly to break the silence.

The man seemed slightly startled but he relaxed soon enough. "There's many reasons. It's not like my job offers many opportunities for dating. Besides I don't think women particularly like when a man is more focused on their work more than her wishes."

"But I mean being a police officer does seem like an attractive profession. It's got a lot of respect to it. I'm sure you've had your fair share of romantic offers. You just won't tell me"

"No, I'm serious. I've been so focused on solving cases, gaining the chief's trust, and building my own reputation that I've given no time for a romantic life"

"Well, you've got to at least have a type, Jun" said Y/n raising her eyebrows.

Jun-ho did not reply right away. He focused on the road until he gave Y/n another glance. Y/n tried to decipher what this glance meant but to no avail.

"If I say all the stuff I feel like I'm going to sound picky."

"If you're going to spend your life with this person then they better meet your expectations," said Y/n, trying to nudge Jun-ho to reveal his thoughts.

"Well, I'd like her to be understanding. My work is very important to me and I will prioritize her first but she would need to understand that I may not be home as much as she'd like. Kind, loyal, smart and honest. Whatever happens I'd want the entire truth from my partner. I also wouldn't want her to be one of those really clingy types though."

"Clingy types?" asked Y/n chuckling.

"You know those girls they show in movies? With high voices and they cling onto their boyfriend's arms like leeches or something. Like yes I would like sweet romantics but that's a little too much"

"leeches?" cried Y/n laughing. "You've got a way of thinking about women."

"Okay enough about me. What about you? Why don't you have a special someone?" asked Jun-ho raised his eyebrows and smirked slightly. "What about your type?"

"I haven't found anyone and tall, dark, and handsome" deadpanned Y/n hardly managing to keep a straight face.

"That was fail now tell me the real story. I'm sure someone caught your eye in America."

"I was so focused on making my dad proud and achieving what I wanted that I never really stopped to consider exactly what I was doing. I wasn't a complete workaholic but I don't think I experienced America as much as I should've."

"You know that your dad was always proud of you? Even when you merely smiled or did something basic he'd be so happy. You could see it in his eyes."

"He's done so much for me and Ha-kun that I feel like achieving something would make me worth all his affection. But that's not how it works. If someone loves you they are going to love no matter what you do."

There was a moment of quiet before Jun-ho started speaking again. "I told you my type, Y/n! Tell me yours"

"I wasn't lying about the tall. I'd want honesty and understanding too. I just feel like its hard trust someone so much and when that breaks I feel like I would just shatter. I don't think I could recover from something like that. He shouldn't be too sore on the eyes. Kind, caring, responsible, and my dad has to like him"

"Only your dad?"

"I don't care what Ha-kun thinks. He wouldn't like me settling down with anyone."