CHAPTER SIX

a call

a call

~

Ring! Ring!

The ferrokinetic groaned at the sound of the obnoxiously loud ring tone. He slowly opened his eyes and looked down at the woman weighing down his chest. 

I should pick up the phone before it wakes her up. He thought to himself as he heard her quiet snores. 

Luckily for him, the phone was on his side of the bed, Karl tried to move his left hand to the phone but was stopped by a resistance. He glanced up to find a vine wrapped snuggly around his wrist, tying it to the bedpost. 

His face heated up slightly and he cursed under his breath as their nighttime.. activities came back to his mind. They spent the entire night getting back into the swing of things.  

Karl tugged on the vine to no avail. When she wanted him tied down, she meant it. 

He sighed and unwrapped his right arm from her. He spent the next few seconds awkwardly maneuvering around to grab the phone. 

"Hello," his raspy voice entered the receiver. He rolled his eyes when he heard who was on the other line, "What do you want?" 

His eyes widened and he sat up a little straighter, "What? Are you sure?"

After getting a few more details he hung up. 

Donna was dead. 

Alcina too, but that was the least of his worries. 

He glanced over at Y/N who was sleeping peacefully next to him. 

Donna was like a sister to her, the other one she took the 'sibling' thing seriously with. 

"Who was on the phone?" 

He blinked his eyes back into focus to look at his darling. She was laying on her stomach with her chin resting on her crossed arms, she looked at him expectantly.

"Nothing, blossom," he tugged at his wrist absentmindedly, "Just Moreau." 

Y/N eyes focused on the vine, "Sorry, Karl," she waved her and the vine went limp, releasing him. She moved closer to him and grabbed his wrist, placing a kiss on it, "You're not hurt right? I hope it wasn't too tight." 

He took a look at his wrist, it was fine. Not even a red mark in sight.     

He chuckled, "I'm fine, blossom." 

She shuffled closer to him and straddled his lap. Y/n pressed a quick kiss onto his lips, "Last night was fun." 

He smirked, "Very fun. We should do it more often." 

Y/N eyes glinted, "I think that can be arranged." Her fingers ran through his hair, absentmindedly untangling the knots and kinks. Her left hand ran up the expansion of his chest all the way to his cheek and she caressed the skin there.