𝟷𝟽. ['ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ'] ⛈️

Start from the beginning

"Take my hand" He said, his voice soothes your ears and calmed your heart when you know well enough you wanted to burst.

With a slight hesitance, you placed your hand on top of his. Him holding your hand was the softest skin contact you have ever experienced, he was so gentle and light to make sure you don't seem so forced to dance.

"What kind of new thing am I supposed to teach myself? I read thousands and thousands of books, what else must I know?" You spoke ever so softly. You both begin to rotate your movements together in a slow motion, hands still reaching each other, eyes not breaking contact.

"perhaps ones emotion" He answers.

You giggle at his words. "Ones emotion? You're one to talk"

"I don't express what I feel, but I still have emotions" He lets out an inaudible chuckle as the beat of the music begin to change a different melody. A sign to which the dance shall begin in a few seconds. "You've showed so much emotions, but I know there's one you have yet to experience"

"what are you talking about?" You raised a brow in suspicion. While awaiting for his reply, your ears focused on the background music.

A violinist in collaboration with a pianist, rhythm in sync, ever so pleasant to the ears. The classical music made you curve a smile as you wholeheartedly sway to the melody.

Now had you just realized the disc Silvain played was actually a well-known romantic classical music in Mondstadt, entitled "Come home, o' my love"

(💀)

"Why this" You mutter under your breath, blushing furiously.

The music now grew loud and your slow spinning movement with Diluc came to an end. You've executed the typical waltzing position;  Your right hand and his left intertwining, his other hand on your waist and your delicate hand on his broad shoulder.

The relaxing slow playing of the music transitioned to a grand, exquisite opera belonging sound.

And so, Diluc led the dance since you were unfamiliar with the stepping. This was a rather unique dance, for it did not involve stepping back, slide left, front, slide right repeatedly until the music stops.

The dance was full of passion and more movement than any basic ball dances. It made you open your eyes to the wide variety of options to dance how ever you like with a partner. In that current state, it was like you both were in a field of daises wearing a type of old fashioned clothing that belonged from centuries ago. A scene to which takes place in a small farmer town, with a tragical ending, but in the middle of the story, both of your undying love to each other creates life and colors in chapters.

With that imagination in mind, you can't help but to snort at this romantic feeling. You and Diluc aren't that close. Ally was what you prefer him as. At least you think so.

Love was never really an option ever since you pledged your loyalty to the clan.

You were indeed purposely too dense towards men who tried to flirt with you. You were one to dream of a relationship, but avoid them in your everyday life.

Right now, you were questioning if Diluc was any different. What's there to like about this man? He's only been a great companion, simply doing his good deeds. But at this very moment, your feelings are mixing up. And him spinning you in the air doesn't help your thinking.

"Silly me, have I read too much novels? I'm imagining things again" You chuckle as he puts you down, continuing the dance.

Diluc happens to notice your little smile, and so did one in return. He... He needs a little work on that small smile but he's trying.

Your imaginations slowly erased when you glanced at his dull eyes. He gave a gentle expression as if to let you know there's nothing to be nervous about. He was more nervous, but his dream of this very day outshined his negative thoughts.

The music became slow again, a sign to which the dance shall now make its exit.

You both danced throughout the entire room, but were now stood in the middle with both hands still holding, and eye contact never broke.

As the pianist hits the final key, he took your right hand, bent over and gently kissed it.

"Was that necessary?" You cover your flustered face with your available hand.

"It was part of the dance" He excused. He then stood straight again and both bowed together to officially end the dance.

"I wasn't aware you were such a good dancer" You smile at him.

"I was simply there to support you gracefully, but thank you" He nods.

"Welp, looks like I learned a new dance" You happily cheered as you walk over to the disc.

"Is that all you've learned?" Diluc gave a rather confusing question since you were already confident with your first answer.

"Uhm.. no. Was there something else I've missed?"

"Nevermind"

____________________