٬٬˖˙☁︎ ⦂ Vice, My Muse

MATERIAL GIRL
⠀⠀by -NO0RI
⠀⠀w.d: 10/25/21
⠀⠀⠀⠀"I could say I never dare
⠀⠀⠀⠀To think about you in that way, but
⠀⠀⠀⠀I would be lyin'"

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧
3rd Pov

Getting along much better than both of them expected at first, Sai instantly felt connected with her and he even brought her to the school rooftop where he codes in his free time. As much as Hayami felt happy about it, she felt as much as guilty of pretending to be someone else just to get close to him. The deed has been done and therefore cannot be taken back now. She'll have to carry the guilt of lying to an honest man.

"That's right, you haven't told me your name yet. You said you're from overseas, right? Where?" Sai asked her. The girl decided that she's done lying for now and told the truth to Sai. "All the way from Japan. I'm a Japanese citizen. And uhh– my name's Hayami." He gasps and felt delighted with the reveal. "No way! I'm actually half-Indian and half-Japanese." He told her. Hayami realized that she guessed right about him the first time. 'Wowzie, I never thought I'd be so good at guessing.' Even herself was amazed by her luck in guessing. She thought that this might be useful in the future.

She laughs, "Ah is that so? Then there's no issue talking with you in Japanese, right? Or do you prefer–" he cuts her off because of the feeling of excitement, "–no! Let's speak in Japanese instead. But you speak the Indian language so well that even I, a half is surprised about this." He tells her with wide doe eyes that she internally screamed at from how adorable it was. "Oh, you think so? Thanks. I guess my efforts in learning the language didn't go to waste." She replied timidly as she smiled a bit.

Sai stares at her for a bit before turning his head on the other way as he clasped his hand to his mouth and mumbled something, his ears turning pink. Hayami looks at him weirdly and asked him if he's fine. "Sai? Are you alright?" She pokes him on the shoulder carefully, still unsure if he likes being touched by someone he just met a few hours ago. "Huh?! Oh..yeah, me? I'm– I'm alright!" If his words were a line of obstacles, he would've failed miserably in going past all of it in one breath.

Hayami halfheartedly chuckled, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly. "If you say so..." she responds. "Uh huh." He focuses back to his laptop and typed away, while Hayami took out her phone and her eyes immediately squinted in annoyance. A bunch of missed calls and unread texts from the man, Ryusui himself, flooded her entire notifications bar. She glanced at Sai who was busy with his hobby, it would probably mean trouble if she call Ryusui near him so she stood up to walk a bit far from Sai.

Even though he seemed busy with coding, Sai noticed her standing up to go to somewhere. "Where you going?" Hayami even found it cute when he asked her a question with that curious look on his face. "I really need to make a call ASAP. My...boss has been calling me for the past few minutes already." Half of it was true. Sai nods in understanding and let her go to somewhere private.

Hayami's Pov.

It hasn't been three rings yet and he already picked up. 'Talk about paranoid..' I internally scoffed. "Why weren't you picking up?!" He exclaimed. "Why were you texting and calling me so much like you're my boyfriend? I'm just doing my job at my own pace and the progress that I made was a lot." I sighed, "Your older brother is doing fine by the way. He seems happy with what he loves to do and there's no danger approaching him at all, I can confirm it."