𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

'I don't want to talk about it, Rose,' he snapped and she flinched at his harsh tone, yet she refused to give up that quickly.

'I'm your sister, you can─'

'I said I don't want to talk about it. Leave me be, go with your boyfriend. Right now, I just want to sleep.'

Rosaleen's shoulders slumped, she wished he would tell her what had happened but maybe it was better to let him rest for now. She stood up, gathering her swords as well, and in the tent opening she looked back at him one last time. 'He's not my boyfriend, though,' she said, which earned a chuckle from him before he waved her away with some strained movements.

She walked out of the tent, observing the reunited Pevensies; Lucy and Susan hugged their brother tightly, but Peter simply told Edmund to go get some rest ─ while he had been so eager to see him just a few seconds ago.

Edmund nodded slightly and Rosaleen's eyes fell upon his bloodied lip and bruised side of his face. The skin under his eyes was a dark purple from sleep deprivation and his usual raven coloured hairs had lost their healthy glint.

'Edmund,' Rosaleen said, stepping a bit closer to him before he could disappear in his tent and his brown eyes landed on hers after a small hesitation.

'I'm glad you're back with us, safe and sound,' she continued with a small smile, and Edmund carefully smiled as well.

'Thank you,' he whispered with a hoarse voice, and though Rosaleen wasn't sure if he could appreciate it, she gave him a quick hug. Edmund froze for a split second but then embraced her as well. He set course for his tent but curiously glanced over his shoulder when Peter called his name.

'Try not to wander off,' Peter said, and Edmund grinned slightly.

Rosaleen crossed eyes with Susan, raising an eyebrow in question, and Susan shrugged while mouthing, 'Brothers.'

Rosaleen chuckled, suddenly understanding that brothers displayed their affection for each other in a different manner than a brother and sister. Peter gave her a look, having noticed their exchange, and Rosaleen transformed her chuckle into a fake cough.

'Nice try,' Peter said, not falling for it and Rosaleen walked towards him as an idea popped in her head and she quickly went with it before she'd lose the nerve for it.

'I'm sorry,' she began with a chuckle, halting in front of him and looking up to meet his gaze, 'but you could have just hugged him. It's really not that hard; here, I'll prove it.' She threw her hands around him, one over his shoulder and the other under it, and she embraced him.

Peter froze, quickly glancing at his sisters to see their reaction, but both of them burst out into fits of laughter when they interpreted his frozen posture for truly forgetting how to hug.

'Your brother really is going to murder me,' he whispered in her hair, hugging her shortly before breaking their embrace again.

Rosaleen flashed him one of her innocent smiles but then the group decided to search for a place to get some breakfast as their stomachs began to rumble.

✶••━━━━━━••✶

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 changed into a less fancy dress, Rosaleen wandered through the camp by herself and came across a large open training field where a few Narnians were perfectioning their fighting skills. She spotted Oreius, training some other centaurs, and a group of fauns challenging each other to javelins. But, as her gaze wandered towards the edge of the grassfield in the distance, she saw the vibrant blue hair of Saffira: one of the naiads who had helped her getting ready yesterday.