| twenty four ; the rematch

Start from the beginning

"the small land in the east... are you referring to south korea?"

"what's it to you?" the frost monarch asked.

"monarch of frost, we do not have time to play silly games with that weakling," yogumunt told him before disappearing into a portal behind them.

"try and catch us if you can." the frost monarch grinned and turned away.

"not so fast," the man said and summoned his daggers, sprinting towards the frost monarch. "i'm not gonna let you get away!"

his dagger that was raised in the air, was brought down in a second to strike the frost monarch. the frost monarch raised his hand, summoning a wall of ice to deflect the attack. an explosion rang out as the two continued their battle, bringing chaos in their wake.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"i feel like i'm gonna be sick from this rain."

y/n wrapped her arms tighter around her body. she was feeling cold, even with jin-woo's coat around her, which he gladly offered.

jin-woo hummed and hung his arm around y/n's shoulder, passing her a key. she glared at him before reading the description of the key.

"a key that allows you to enter the cartenon temple. this item may be used at a designated gate. it will be revealed after a certain period of time has passed which will be 417 hours, 6 minutes and 52 seconds from now."

"the system is calling me back," jin-woo said to her. "back to where it all started, the double dungeon."

"if someone planned it, they must be waiting for you there." jin-woo nodded at y/n's words.

y/n sighed and wanted to change the topic. she instead pointed to the new shadow he had, "when were you going to tell me that the ant king was your shadow soldier?"

his eyes widened and he looked back down at y/n. he nervously laughed, kissing y/n's lips to distract her.

"kissing me isn't an answer," y/n said with narrowed eyes.

"yes it is," jin-woo replied which earned him a smack on the arm. he pouted at her, trying to get out of trouble.

y/n continued to stare at him before sighing in defeat. "fine, i forgive you."

jin-woo smiled, kissing y/n on the lips again. she smiled at his actions before pushing him away, "we should be going now."

݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

"whew! took down another one today! i managed to deal with another band of haters trying to smear hyung-nim's name."

"thanks for your hard work." jin-ho screamed when he heard jin-woo's voice. he quickly sat back up, his eyes widening when he saw y/n behind him.

"hyung-nim! miss y/n!"

"hi jin-ho, and please, no need for formalities. just y/n is sufficient." y/n smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up.

"everything good?" jin-woo asked jin-ho.

"yes, hyung-nim. why do you look so disheveled?" jin-ho asked jin-woo. he then looked at y/n who looked just as disheveled. his eyes widened and he quickly shouted, "were you two-?!"