٬٬˖˙☁︎ ⦂ At First Sight

Start from the beginning

I raised a brow and looked at the cab driver by the mirror, I shrugged my shoulders and really didn't mind giving a tip or two to the driver. "Sure. I'm gonna hire you as my chauffeur for my whole stay here in exchange though." The cab driver looked pleased enough and had no objections to my offer and he drove me safely to the hotel without and issues on the way. I'm giving him four and a half stars. The AC sucked, that's why.

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧
At the hotel.

I came out of the cab and waved goodbye to the driver, we had a nice chat on the way and it turns out he had a family of 6 and is providing for his children. I paid him a lot more than he's supposed to since I wanted to at least help him out with his only job. I advised him to start a business with the money I gave him and wished him a bountiful life. It felt really good after helping people who really need help the most. 'I should use the money that I make this way. After all, I can feel the struggle that people like him is experiencing. I was once like that too, but not anymore. And that's why it's my turn to help them.'

I went inside the hotel and walked to the front desk. Asking for my name, I answered."Hayami Kaneko, I reserved a room in advance." They typed in the computer first before confirming it and handing me the keycard for the room. "Welcome, we hope you enjoy your stay here." I nod in thanks to their warm welcome and headed for my hotel room.

Entering my hotel room, I tossed my luggage to the ground and threw myself on the bed, my body being engulfed by the soft mattress of the bed. "Oh wow..this is so comfy." I exhaled in comfort, stretching my arms. My phone suddenly rang and I reached for my pocket and took out my phone, "Right...he did tell me he's gonna call me once I arrive in the hotel." I mentioned. Pressing the answer button, I put the speaker on loudspeaker and I decided to take a warm shower so I headed inside the bathroom.

"Have you arrived safely to the hotel, Hayami?" Ryusui asked on the call. "Yeah I did. Had no issues whatsoever, pretty good so far." I answered while I stripped off my clothes. "Why does your voice sound echoey? Where are you?" I picked up my phone and sat on the bathtub, "Guess." I whispered. I put my hand on the handle and turned it, water pouring out from the showerhead. It suddenly went silent on the other line and a cough followed right after.

"You–...I'm gonna call you later." He said in a hurry and ended the call. I pouted from the call ending that quick. "Oh well, not that I can do anything about it." I placed my phone to the sink and I went in the shower, taking my time to ease up. While I showered, a thought suddenly came across my mind. 'What's up with me being so confident while talking to Ryusui earlier? Kinda weird...but the way he ended the call so quick was even weirder. I wonder if he's alright, not that I'm fully concerned about him.'

Forgetting about such thoughts, I continued on showering and approximately 10 minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom wearing a bathrobe and held my phone, checking out the picture of Ryusui's older brother. "I wonder what his name is..." I trailed off in thought of this guy. "He looks like an intellectual man– well yeah, he is studying in a prestigious university duh." I laughed at myself and tossed my phone to the bed.

I dried my body and wore bedtime silk clothes and let my hair dry for itself since using a blow dryer would damage my hair from how hot it goes for too long. Besides, electricity. I sat on the end of bed and glanced at my phone again, seeing the picture. "I wonder what kind of guy he is in person." I sigh in daydreaming about the possible character traits that Ryusui's older brother have.