Chapter 28

Leaving is the hardest thing that I'll do. After almost a week, I will now face my reality.

I roamed my eyes in my room and memorized everything. It's so hard to say goodbye to the place I've grown up in. It's hard to accept that I will wake up tomorrow without sleeping in my own room. I will miss my bed, my vanity table, my bathroom, and my mini-library.

Mabigat ang pakiramdam ko nang saraduhan ang kuwarto ko. Tumalikod na ako at dinala ang dalawang malaking maleta ko pababa. Nasa living room na rin si Mommy at ready na para ihatid kami sa airport. I felt gloomy and weak.

Sinalubong ako ni Daddy ng yakap. I spent my days with him, and we've become closer since then. I was with him every day, studying. I can say that I did my best to learn. I can now understand the terminologies and jargon that the business world is using. I learned what it takes to be the president. But still, I know it's not enough. My heart will forever be in writing.

"Take care of your mother. Study hard. Stay safe," Daddy simply stated.

I nodded. Daddy looked like he didn't sleep peacefully last night. Well, it's hard for him because he won't be able to see us every day.

"I'm going to miss you, Daddy."

His lips twitched. We hugged again for a few minutes before I heard Pierre, who had just entered the house. He's here to drive us to the airport.

"Drive safely, Pierre."

Tumingin si Pierre sa akin bago kay Daddy.

"I will, Tito."

Lumapit ako kay Pierre. Pinanood lang namin ang pagyakap ni Daddy kay Mommy. He kissed her on her forehead and whispered. I smiled sweetly. It's heart-melting to see them like this.

Lumapit naman ako sa mga kasambahay. I bid them farewell. I will live sa New York independently, so I will miss them so much.

I also spent my last days with Pierre. We had dates almost every day. I treasured those memories. I assured him that I would be safe and I would contact him whenever I could. I haven't said goodbye to him yet. I don't think I can without tearing up. I don't think I will ever be ready.

The ride to NAIA terminal one was shorter than I imagined it to be. I'm not wearing a jacket or thick clothing, but I was sweating so bad. Worst of all, I felt cold. I hugged myself when Pierre parked the car near the terminal. I could feel a lump in my throat. I'm on the brink of tearing up.

"The guards and I will go first," Mommy announced.

Tumingin ako sa kanya na nasa passenger seat. Nginitian ko si Mommy. I know she wanted me to spend my last remaining time with Pierre. I watched the bodyguards open the door for her. They took our luggage and went to the terminal with Mommy. Bumaling lang ako kay Pierre nang mawala na si Mommy sa paningin ko.

I blew out my cheeks and stared at Pierre. Our lips were angled downwards. I pouted when tears pooled my eyes. Pierre was biting his bottom lip, forcing himself not to tear up with me.

"This is why I want to go with you. I can't, Dae." His voice was husky and weak.

I lowered my head and covered my face. Tears started to flow down my cheeks. I wiped it off, but tears won't stop coming. My vision was blurry when I finally found the strength to raise my chin. Then I found Pierre crying too.

"You know how much I love you. I will see you soon."

His arms spread wide and without a second thought, I crashed myself over him. Ramdam ko ang paggalaw ng balikat niya, ang mainit niyang yakap, at ang labi niya na humahalik sa ulo ko.