four.

[alice vs the sage shirt]

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

~

Stepping out of the changing room only to be cornered by Emmett and his siblings was surprising, to say the least. It didn't help that she was the last to finish changing and therefore had believed herself to be alone. Jessica's text saying she and Angela couldn't wait for her did make more sense now though because even she could admit that four Cullen's were a little intimidating if nothing else.

"Uh, hi guys," Katherine greeted unsurely. She'd only talked to Emmett in the two days she'd been back despite sharing a couple of classes with each of his siblings.

"What on earth are you wearing?" Alice asked scandalised by the blonde's clothing or more specifically her shirt. "You're so pretty why would you choose such a horrendous colour?"

Katherine was a little offended by that. She'd figured she could save herself a little hassle by putting on her work shirt instead of the simple t-shirt she'd worn to school that morning. It was a simple sage green button-up with her name tag already pinned on the left side, it really wasn't as bad as Alice was making it sound.

"I'm going to work?" Katherine's response sounded more like a question than an explanation.

"What she meant," The blonde beside Alice who had been holding her hand during practice stepped in before Alice could make another comment about the girl's shirt. He still looked incredibly uncomfortable as he spoke though, avoiding eye contact with Katherine. "Is that you were very good out there."

"Oh, uh thanks..." Katherine didn't know his name, trailing off unsurely.

"That's Jasper," Emmett to the rescue. He then nodded at the seemingly uninterested blonde beside him. "And that's Rosalie."

"Nice to meet you guys," Katherine offered each of them a smile, even Alice despite having insulted her shirt.

"You said you had work," Rosalie said pointedly with a single perfect brow raised. "Emmett will drive you."

She didn't leave any room for discussion as she grabbed Alice's wrist and dragged her away from the two, Jasper following them without another word. Rosalie may not have liked the fact that her best friend's mate was human but she wasn't going to try and keep them apart. She wanted nothing more than for Emmett to be happy.

"Well alrighty then," Katherine muttered to herself a little taken back by Rosalie before looking up at Emmett questioningly. "Is that's okay with you or?"

"I don't know," He replied, drawing out his words exaggeratedly. A teasing smirk pulled at his lips as he fondled his chin in faux thought. "I'm gonna have to think on it."

She rolled her eyes at his teasing, holding back a laugh as she fiddled with the strap of her gym bag. "You're an ass, y'know that?"

Emmett made another thoughtfully face before smirking down at the much shorter girl. "I have a nice ass? How kind of you to notice, yours isn't half bad either."

And just like that Katherine Moore turned a shade of red that put most tomatoes to shame.

~

The drive to the diner was anything but awkward and it most certainly wasn't quiet. From the moment the pair had climbed into Emmett's ridiculously oversized jeep, something she definitely had not struggled with,  the two had fallen into easy conversation almost instantly. It honestly surprised her how comfortable she was talking to the boy given she'd only known him a couple of days.

Emmett had asked a hundred and one questions in the brief twenty minutes it had taken to get from the school to Carver's Cafe. Most of the boy's questions had revolved around the different drills he'd watched her do during practice but she was happy to answer each and every one of them. Even as he pulled the jeep into the diners small parking lot, he still had questions to spare.

"So when's your first actual game?" He asked as she unbuckled her seat belt.

"Friday, Spartans versus Bulldogs," Katherine answered as she climbed out of the boy's jeep, a lot more gracefully than she'd gotten in. "Why?"

"I'll be there," Emmett told her through the open window once she'd shut the door.

"You don't have to come," She assured him. She'd figured he'd asked out of courtesy, not that he really wanted to be there. She didn't doubt that he had better places to spend his Friday than at a high school volleyball game when he so obviously knew very little about the sport itself. 

"I'll be there," He repeated before driving off.

Making her way inside, Katherine ignored the small flutter she felt in her stomach and instead headed for her dad's office in the back. She greeted the diner staff as she passed them, telling Cora her hair looked nice and complimenting Georgie on how great whatever he was cooking smelt. Knocking softly on the office door she waited for her dad to call out 'come in' before she pushed open the door.

"Oh, hey kiddo," Timothy greeted his daughter, a wide smile breaking out upon realising it was her who'd knocked.  "How was practice?"

"It was good," She answered, dropping both her backpack and gym bag by the small couch her dad had in his office. "Coach was really glad to have me back, Jen not so much but I mean she was kicked off the team because of me so that's understandable."

"Eh, she knew her place was temporary. Don't sweat it," The man waved off as she grabbed a server's apron, tying it around her waist and tucking and small pad and pen in the front pocket.

"Alright," Katherine smoothed out the wrinkles in her shirt. "Where d'you want me bossman?"

"Well Cora's shift's about to end so you can take over her section," He proposed after looking over the board that noted who was working each section. "Sound good?"

"Got it," The blonde tightened her ponytail and headed out onto the diner floor.

~

Peace out ✌️🏻

Peace out ✌️🏻

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
HAUNTED | EMMETT CULLEN | DISCONTINUED जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें