"What?" She asked, looking around at her surroundings.

She was in a bed, in a small room, only a dresser and mirror in front of her. Sunlight poured in through the window, which had a good view of St. Patrick's. She was in the rectory.

She pulled herself back up again, earning a disapproving look from the Father.

"You really should rest. I've called Doctor Gunning, she's on her way to look at you," he said quite anxiously.

"Wait...what happened?" Ella asked. Her mind pounded harder as she tried to recall yesterday's events.

"I-I found you, knocked out in front of the church," Paul explained. "You'd hit your head, so I brought you back here."

"Wait, this morning?" Ella asked.

He shook his head. "No, last night during the storm."

She raised her brow. "You were out in that?"

"Uh yes. But when I saw you I rushed you here. There was no chance I could bring you anywhere else, the storm was much too violent."

Ella looked down at her hands, covered in mud. "Thank you," she said looking back at him.

"Please, there's no need," he said smiling. "I'm just glad you're okay."

Ella looked back at him smiling as well, for a few moments they just sat there, until there was a knock at the door.

"That would be Doctor Gunning," Paul said, standing and walking towards the door.

A moment later he returned with Sarah.

"Hey Ella, how are you feeling," she asked, setting down her bag on the bed and coming over to check out her head.

"I'm fine there's no need to fuss over me," Ella replied sighing.

Father Paul leaned against the door frame, "nonsense, we want to make sure your okay."

"Exactly," Sarah nodded. "Sit up a bit, let me get a good look."

Ella did as told as Sarah looked at the side of her head.

"Doesn't seem like anything too serious, though it is a bit bloody, you should wash up, make sure it isn't infected and come see me at my office a bit later. I want to check that everything is okay. Before that though, let me just test some things, make sure there was no serious damage to your brain," Sarah told her, pulling out a small flash light.

"Really Sarah I'm okay. Just a hit of a headache,"
Ella assured her.

"I'm just doing my job as a doctor and your friend," Sarah smiled at her.

"Well thank you," Ella replied with a smile. "But the only thing I hurt is my white sweater," she laughed revealing the mud stained sweater.

Sarah and Paul chuckled when suddenly a frantic bang was heard from the front door.

"Father! Father! Open the door!" A frantic voice was calling.