AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1)

Start from the beginning

Selvig sighs, "She's an energy source. We turn off the power she turns it back on, if she reaches peak level-"

Fury cuts him off, "We prepared for this, Doctor. Harnessing energy from space."

"But we don't have the harness. My calculations are far from complete."

"Andromeda."

She turns to Fury from where she had been staring at the Tesseract with raised brows and hums in question, "I didn't say anything."

Her brows furrow, "You called me."

"No."

Fury steps past her to continue his discussion with Selvig, "Nothing harmful, just low levels of gamma radiation."

"That can be harmful."

"Where's Agent Barton?"

"The Hawk? Up in his nest as usual."

"Androme-"

Clint lands right beside where Patrick is standing, she looks up at him as he appears and nods in greeting as she follows him and Fury. Glancing around carefully, she eyes Clint in suspicion and readjusts her ear piece.

"I gave you this detail so you could keep an eye on things."

"Well, I see better from a distance."

"Have you seen anything that might set this thing off?"

Clint shakes his head, but Patrick answers, "No one's come and gone. Selvig's clean. We've been here for months, Fury, just all of us in this base, no one's left."

"If there was any tampering, sir," Clint carries on for her, "It wasn't from this end."

"This end?" Patrick echoes the final two words, "As in, you think it's a portal?"

Clint shrugs, "The Cube is a doorway to the other end of space right?"

Patrick's brows furrow even deeper, "Space? What are you guys not telling me?"

"Andromeda."

She turns around and catches the eye of Selvig, "Doors open from both sides."

The Cube pulses, the ground shakes and Patrick grips the railing beside herself to steady her feet. Blue liquid like smoke pours from the cube, curling in the air. The three agents duck holding their arms up for cover as it shoots out to the other end of the long room.

A figure emerges from the smoke, crouched down with a blue glowing sceptre in hand.

"Orders?" Patrick's voice is quiet, light as she asks.

There'a tense calmness to the air surrounding them. She doesn't want to break it.

"Stay put."

Her hands are on her gun that rests on her hip, finger ready to pull the trigger.

"Sir, please put down the spear."

"Sceptre." Patrick whispers. Fury glances at her and she shrugs, "It's curved not pointed. Phil likes his weird weapons."

The man lifts the sceptre slowly and looks over at it, he cocks his head to the side and Patrcik lifts her gun, shooting just as the energy source is released from the sceptre.

Clint tacks both her and Fury out of the way and she groans as her gun clatters across the floor, sliding away from her.

The man lands just in front of her as agents shoot from every corner of the lab. She curls in on herself but he doesn't even notice her as he fights the agents in front of him.