"Volkova is one of my best agents." Fury explains as they walk together.

"One?" She chimes in only to be ignored.

"How old is she, twelve?"

"I'm old enough, I'm not a child," She says, turning to stop him, "And if there's going to be a problem, suck it up and deal with it, or I'll make you-"

Fury pushes past her making her stumble back as Slevig chases after him with quick steps not wanting to lose him in this maze like building, Fury continues on anyway as she trails behind them after straightening out her jacket, "I trained her myself, you couldn't be in safer hands, I trust her with my life, and I don't trust many people."

They finally come to a stop at the end of the lab, a large blue light catches Patrick's attention and she tilts her head while walking forward.

"What is it?"

"We don't know."

Her brows knit together and she reaches towards it slowly, jewelled hands catching the light, but the necklace is what catches the Doctor's attention. He leans closer for better inspection, but not enough to make it obvious, "Uh, Agent, don't do that."

"Why?"

"Just, don't."

She continues to reach forward anyway but a sharp slap on the back of her hand with a ruler makes a gasp fall from her mouth, the necklace being tucked back under her shirt as she straightens out again. She brings her hand into her chest quickly as she cradles it to herself with a frown.

"Don't touch it." Selvig repeats.

Raising her brows as she watches him walk away she glances back at Nick who shakes his head at her, both in confusion and annoyance at her need to disobey everyone's orders.

"Volkova will be with you for the next two weeks, then Barton will be here for two weeks, and they'll switch." Fury says as he walks after Selvig who nods.

Patrick jogs after them to catch up, "I'm here for two weeks? I have a job, you know."

"Babysitting a kid can wait." Nick says and holds a hand up before she can protest, her mouth hung open ready to ask her question, "No, you can not bring a child here before you even ask."

"I was going to ask if I could get a dog."

"No you weren't."

"No I wasn't." She agrees.

They both stop in front of Selvig as he turns to look at them, "Thank you, Director, you have truly been a wonderful help."

As Fury leaves the girl's attention is once again taken up by the blue cube in the centre of the lab.

Patrick circles the glowing object with her back straight, hands clasped and eyes glued to the cube. Something deep inside of her is pulling her towards it, making her desperately hold her arms at her sides so she doesn't touch it.

"It's wonderful isn't it."

She turns to look at the Doctor who now stands directly beside her, glancing back she looks to Fury in the distance who walks away while talking on the phone, probably to Clint to arrange for him to come here in a couple of weeks.

"What do you know about it?"

"Why? I assure you if you-"

She doesn't tear her eyes away from it, the blue reflecting in her pupils as she leans just slightly closer towards it. But as she gets closer Selvig trails off, a purple mist replaces her green irises as she tilts her head.

"Mama! Mama!"

"No, Andromeda, go, go now! Hurry! Rick, take her, please."

"Only time will tell." She didn't listen to a thing the man had just said, she didn't even register him beside her.

She wasn't there anymore, she was in the glow, with a tall woman. Long hair in a braid that fell down her back, blue robes covering her entire body, a sword clutched in her hand as she stood in front of Patrick, she looked back at her with those emerald eyes that screamed for her to run. But from what?

"Andromeda! Go, now!"

She looks away with a gasp and stumbles backwards, Selvig reaching to stop her from falling over her own feet.

Selvig looks back at the cube with wide eyes after he helps her to take a seat on the steps leading to the cube, "What did you see?"

Patrick pants heavily staring straight ahead as her hand clutches her necklace tightly in her palm, "What did you see, Agent Volkova?" She shakes her head quickly and closes her eyes.

"Tell me."

𓆩✪𓆪