Part 40

- Verona!" Harry comes out of the shower elated at his own idea.

Louis raises an eyebrow. He looks over Styles' body in just his boxers, openly enjoying what he sees. He steps from his hip, circles the bed, and walks over to the closet.

- Verona?" Louie interjects, admiring the part of the guy's buttocks that isn't covered by the open sash.

- Yes, I want to go to Verona!" declares Harry, throwing on a snow-white shirt. It looks like a work shirt, but it suits him so madly, giving his curls a rich chocolate color and his eyes a bright shade of turquoise. Louie looks at the boy, wondering how such beauty even exists. And in his room, too. Technically.

Styles catches Tomlinson's eye and leans in for a light kiss. Louis grabs his lips, crumpling them and pulling them into a kiss. He doesn't expect himself to do such a thing. But he feels he can't stop kissing Harry. Kissing Harry feels so good, he thinks, reluctantly letting the boy go.

- We have to go tonight," he continues, straightening up and starting to buckle down, hiding his tattooed birds. Louis frowns at this.

- We?

- Yes, we," Harry continues a little apprehensively.

- So you want me to go with you?

- Sure, dummy," Styles gets a fist on his thigh, but smiles kindly, "You got things to do?

- Well... not that...

- It's settled then," Harry claps his hands in anticipation, "You drive," he throws one last word as he leaves the room, "I'll make coffee and sandwiches for the road," he shouts from the hallway. 

And Louis thinks about how often these situations repeat themselves in his house. He catches a sense of deja vu, and another incomprehensible feeling that scrambles to remind him that Stiles is leaving in a week. He only hopes that he won't hear a phantom deep voice walking around the space of the villa after he's gone.

***

Miniature Verona greets them with brown roofs, an abundance of small almost homey cafes, lots of couples holding hands, and cute little squares. Spread out on both sides of the river, the city is connected by several bridges, each of which the guys pass over while enjoying romantic views. It smells of history and poetry. And kids play soccer right next to the churches. Stylish ladies make small talk over a cup of espresso with miniature cakes. And talented bartenders pour Pinot Grigio for the tourists who throng the bars.

They pull into one of these bars, parking the car rather far away. They have to walk several streets before Louis recognizes the place and quickens his pace.

- Buona serata," he greets the barista, offering his hand for a firm unconventional handshake, turning his palm sideways.

- Louie! It's been a long time since you've been here," the man with the neat beard replies as well, patting him on the shoulder with his other hand.

- That's right!" grinned Louis, "I'm all over the villa.

- Oh, by the way, how's it going?

- Yeah, it's almost ready. By the way, meet Harry," he moves Harry closer to them, wrapping his arm around his shoulder, "this is Harry, my first guest!

- Welcome to Verona," the bartender puts on his trademark wide smile, which looks very real, "I'm Angelo," the man shakes his hand.

- Like an angel?", Styles interjects.

- Exactly!", the bartender wonders, "I like your friend!", he turns to Tomlinson, getting a confused smile from the guy.

- I'm Harry, nice to meet you!" he lets go of his hand and wraps his own around Louis' waist, feeling him suddenly tense.

Angelo traces the movement, shifting his gaze from one to the other and smirks with a corner of his lips.

- So, guys, what can I get you?" the bartender says with enviable enthusiasm, wiping the already shiny bar.

- Let's start with the classics," Tomlinson perks up, "and a cheese plate to your liking.

- I'll be right there!" Angelo nods and disappears under the counter.

- Shall we go have a look around?" suggests Louis, slipping out from under Harry's arm. He agrees, and follows, feeling the lack of warmth in his palm.

- You'll like it here," Tomlinson adds, turning around.

Styles smiles demurely. He definitely wants a drink.