Can't believe he is more concerned with paperwork than with the safety of his students.

"Nnga! The nerve of this guy! While we were off fighting some crazy beast!" Grim groaned in frustration. The "beast" that he mentioned caught the attention of the Crow-like principle.

"Beast?" He question.

"There was a monster there! It was super gross and crazy strong. It was awful!" Ace was enraged.

"Could you explain in more detail?"

Arriving at the headmaster's office, (y/n) couldn't help but feel a little tense for some reason. simply because he doesn't want to be at this place at all. Who would want to enter this area with no repercussions for what they have done before?

"Hoh hoohh. A mysterious monster living in the coal mine. The five of you worked together to defeat it and bring back a magic crystal?" They couldn't determine whether this was a complaint or a compliment...

"I wouldn't want to work with these people..."

"We didn't really work together..."

"It was more like our goals were aligned..."

"Ooh... Ooooh... OOOOOOOOHHH!!!! OOOOOOHHH sob sob sob!!" Wow. How mature of him. This sudden burst of tears physically and mentally make (Y/n) cringe.

"What's with this guy? Why is an adult bursting into tears!?" Even Grim questions his action.

"In all these years that I've been Headmaster...For the day to come that students from Night Raven College to go hand in hand to face and defeat their enemy!"

"What!? I did not hold this or that guy's hand!" Deuce suddenly gets defensive.

Ace was also getting a little defensive, "I would never do that either, gross! Wait, how old are you, Headmaster!?" Suddenly changing the subject for some reason.

"I am overwhelmed with emotion. This incident confirms it. Yuu. Without a doubt, you have talent as a beast tamer!" (Y/n) could feel the pain that Yuu is receiving.

"Beast tamer!?" Yuu exclaimed in confusion.

(Y/n) is unconcerned about this pointless discussion that will do nothing to assist him to achieve his objectives. He just stood there awkwardly, deciding to ignore the conversation.

"Aha! Look at you. School's just started, but you're already a prefect?"

This drew the attention of (Y/n). This guy who doesn't even have magic? Becoming a prefect? That's so...

Unfortunate.

Yeah.

It really is.

No no no, He doesn't get jealous at the role like this. (Y/n) isn't that type of guy.

He doesn't understand why two Heartslabyul boys are congratulating this person. Even if there are only two people in the dorm but still,

"Hey, you! Aren't you gonna say anything? Mr.sassy?" Ace put his arm on his waist, mocking the (H/c) hair male who was deep in his thoughts which granted, he got the attention he wanted. In the negative way of course.

"..." (Y/n) just glared back at Ace who seems to get awkward bit by bit by the stare. Man, he blushes even at the eye contract he got from the Octavinelle resident.

'damn it... What the hell is wrong with me...' Ace pondered his thoughts. Because of the glare, He slowly became embarrassed second by second.

"It is already late. Let's save the detailed conversation for tomorrow. Return to your dormitories, everyone" Fortunately (or unfortunately), they were cut off by the principal before everyone was segregated into their respective dorm. (Y/n) is now alone with the three and a monster. Returning to his own dorm on his own. He didn't even say goodbye to the four. After all of their misadventures, He didn't even bother to speak to them.

"Okay, fine... and what happened to that jerk? He didn't even say something like a goodbye or see you again..." Ace asks out of the blue. Making Deuce, Yuu, and Grim stared at him weirdly.

"What happened to Ace? Is he love-struck or-" Before Grim could taunt him more, The monster's mouth was covered by the terracotta-haired male, stopping him from speaking.

"U-uh anyways... S-see you tomorrow, prefect!" Ace the hurryingly leave the trio. Dropping Grim on his butt. Making them wonder what the big deal is.

"Hmm...Then see you tomorrow too, Prefect" Deuce then also leave the scene. Leaving the two alone in the hallway, thinking.

"Why did the two act so weird?"

"I...got no clue"

. . . . . ╰──╮✞╭──╯ . . . . .

Deuce had no idea how he ended up walking alongside (Y/n), who was on his way back to his dorm. He simply wanted to stroll alongside him to the mirror chamber, just two of them.

(Y/n) didn't ask why he was so eager to speak with him. After all, in the view of others, he was an arrogant jerk. Why was he so interested in him?

"You don't mind me walking with you...?"

"Yeah. I don't see why I should stop you. As long as you don't make me annoyed, then do whatever you want, really"

The response he received from (Y/n) made him feel a lot better. He was trembling for some reason before he got the answer. But then, directly in front of the mirror chamber entrance, the (h/c) hair male comes to a halt.

"...I just remember something..." (Y/n)'s face was uncharacteristically laid-back for someone who had to recall something.

"What is it?"

"I forgot to buy the grocery on this list..." (Y/n) then show the list that he apparently wrinkle unintentionally.

Deuce hesitantly said, "Well...I could accompany you."

"Hmm sure. Come with me"

"Really?!"

"Stop with the surprised face. Come with me before I change my mind"

"Y-yes, sir!"

. . . . . ╰──╮✞╭──╯ . . . . .

A/n

I'm sorry yall for disappearing
I was gone for a month and my writing changes so much tf
I was planning for a double/triple update but man I'm really sorry
Also, some of u got ur theory right 😉😉 (wink wonk)

Anyways, rook-san please come home I beg you I just sold my kidney and pay for your pulls please come home-