6 Important Factors To Consider When Buying A Hot Tub

So, you're ready to buy a hot tub

So, you're ready to buy a hot tub. You've dreamed of this day, talked about it with friends and family, but ? Perhaps you've gone and checked them out, picked the one with the coolest bells and whistles. However, when it comes to buying a hot tub, there are some important factors to consider before making the investment.

As you move towards hot tub ownership, here are 6 things to give some serious thought about.

1. Location. Where you're planning on putting the hot tub is important. Depending on your backyard design, deck size, or even indoor structure will have a huge impact on the placement of your hot tub. You want to pick a location that is both convenient, structurally sound, and is close to an electrical outlet to run the hot tub. Ask us about the details for help with your specific situation.

2. Indoor or Outdoor. As you decide the location of your hot tub, one thing to know is will it be indoor or outdoor? Most people Most people install their outdoors, but that doesn't mean some people don't want their hot tub inside. If you want to install your hot tub indoors, there is a lot of planning that needs to go into ensuring your home can accommodate a hot tub.

As you move forward with indoor installation, speak with an architect or licensed engineer before hand to make sure your home is structurally sound to support an indoor hot tub. You'll also want to take the necessary precautions to protect your home from leakage, ventilation, and humidity (depending on where you live).

With outdoor installation, there are some important factors to weigh in choosing a spot. You'll want to pick something away from an area prone to excessive water exposure and prolonged sunlight, which will damage the hot tub in the long-term. Also, check with your city and state about fencing and childproof gate requirements.

3. Budget. If you're new to hot tub ownership, you may be thinking about only the cost of purchasing the hot tub, but there are other costs to consider. While you prepare for your spa, find out about the operation, maintenance, and repair costs associated with owning a hot tub. Depending on the size, number of jets, and accessories will impact the upkeep costs of your hot tub.

4. Purpose. Why do you want a hot tub? This might be a pretty simple question, but the answer makes all the difference in which hot tub fits you and your lifestyle best. If you're looking to entertain family and friends, you'll want one of our that is designed to fit up to 6-8 adults comfortably. However, if you're an empty nester, single, or are looking to use the hot tub for more therapeutic reasons, a smaller, more compact hot tub might be the best option for you.

5. Energy efficient. No one wants, nor can afford, to waste money. Because of that, Bullfrog Spas has designed all their hot tubs to be energy efficient, which can save you hundreds of dollars on your monthly bill. So, what makes them ? Bullfrog Spas are built differently than traditional hot tubs and use 90% less plumbing. With less plumbing, there is less friction, which uses less energy to pump the water to the jets.

In addition, with the , Bullfrog Spas are full-foamed insulated to prevent heat from escaping, which meets the strict energy guidelines of the California Energy Commission (CEC).

6. Aesthetics. After you've decided on the placement of your hot tub, you'll want to consider how the spa will fit with the aesthetics of the chosen location. Adding lights, planters, and textures that will complement the hot tub and surrounding areas. If you're having a hard time deciding a landscape design, a landscape architect can provide you with some great ideas and inspiration.

If you're ready to buy a hot tub or , come on down and talk to one of our experienced professionals. We are here to help you find the best hot tub to meet your needs and lifestyle.