I replied, "Sorry Prince Ahmed."

He says, "My name is Zak."

I look at him, "Zak, what a fitting name."

He shrugs, "And Darryl, what does it mean?"

My mother comes over, "Darling, because as soon as Noah, my late husband, and I laid eyes on baby Darryl it just became so apparent to us."

Prince Zak says, "Hmm, what a charming name." He smiles at me and I look away. He's...cute.

We go inside to where the dinner table is already set up. A whole feast is spread out and we each have our own acre of food to eat.

The king sits at the end throne chair while the queen sits diagonally from him and the prince next to her, with the princess at the end. My mom sits across from the queen, Lucy sits next to my mother which is across from the prince, and I sit across from the princess at the end.

King Ahmed says, "Let's say a small prayer before we begin." We all hold hands around the table and close our eyes.

Queen Ahmed says, "Bless us, O God. Bless our food and our drink." I open my eyes to look around the table slowly. I see Prince Zak open his eyes and ours meet.

I stare at him and he stares at me as his mother continues, "Since you redeemed us so dearly and delivered us from evil, as you gave us a share in this food so may you give us a share in eternal life."

I give a quick smile to him before I close my eyes and put my head down again. He's witty it seems, perhaps intelligent, and he might be kind, but that I cannot yet tell. We all say amen and then begin to eat.

Our parents make small talk as us children remain quiet beside them; occasionally joining in to add something along. Princess Samira says, "Darry! What are your thoughts about our castle? I assume you've never been here."

I reply, "Not that I remember princess Samira. But it's lovely, the decor and the food is amazing."

She smiles, "After dinner, shall I take you to tour the castle?"

Prince Zak says, "Lucy and I will join the two of you."

I say, "Of course, nice to get to know the both of you." I can tell Samira just wants it to be me and her, but I probably cannot stand that so thank you Prince Zak.

King Ahmed says, "If everyone has finished, we may move to the tea room. Children, Zak and Samira can take you on a tour."

We say, "Yes King Ahmed."

My mother, the king, and the queen all go to the tea room as Prince Zak, Princess Samira, Lucy, and I begin our tour.

Prince Zak says, "Please do not bother to call me Prince, Prince Ahmed, or even Prince Zak. Zak is preferred and perfectly fine."

He looks at me, "No need for formalities as we get to know each other."

I look at him, "Yes Zak, we will try to refrain from that."

Samira says, "And just call me Samira! Princess works as well!"

I nod, "Of course Samira."

We walk into a large room with many decorations like paintings among the walls as far as you can see. Lucy asks, "Where are we?"

Zak replies, "This is our grand hall I suppose. It can take you from one end of the castle, to the other and wherever you'd like."

Samira says, "It's quite a troublesome walk but we get used to it."

I ask, "Do you enjoy living here?"

Samira replies, "Of course I do! We have everything we want." I nod at her and look over to Zak.