| twenty three ; a king and his queen

Start from the beginning

"how effective is this process exactly?" y/n countered.

"it's different for everyone but after going through all three stages, the individual will receive anywhere between a 20% to 30% increase in strength," norma answered.

"if anyone were to find out about her powers then..."

michael nodded his head, "that is precisely why she is under our care. we ensure her safety while also compensating her with a suitable salary. in return, she heightens the ability of the hunters we choose."

y/n continued looking at them, her eyes focusing on norma. "we wish to present this gift to you, miss y/n and mister sung."

"a gift? don't you mean an offer?" jin-woo raised an eyebrow at them.

"once you become a hunter of the federal bureau of hunters, you will become our top priority and receive preferential benefits," michael informed. "in addition, we will arrange a meeting with the guild of your choice and help you sign the best contract."

"you don't have to make a decision right away. we're just easing you into things today," norma spoke.

"excuse me?"

"as we told you, this is a gift." norma reminded. "will you allow me to lift your limit?"

"with nothing in return?" jin-woo repeated, looking at them with doubt.

"think of it as a complimentary service," michael suggested. "how about miss y/n gives it a go first?"

y/n looked at jin-woo, pursing her lips before looking back at norma. she nodded her head, indicating she was ready. norma took her wrist gently and began the process.

"look deep into my eyes, this will be the first step." norma instructed. y/n took a deep breath and did as what she instructed.

norma looked into y/n's eyes, using her powers at once. she looked around, realising she was in a garden. she was beyond confused, wondering why y/n's powers related to this particular garden.

"hello, norma selner."

norma turned around, having eye contact with lucia. lucia sat on a bench, smiling down at her pond.

"why don't you look into this pond?"

in an instant, norma was teleported next to lucia. she had no choice but to look down into the pond.

"what do you think of it?"

"it's deeper than a regular pond. deeper than an artificial pond," norma answered.

"correct. this pond has no end, it continues deeper and deeper until something rids of it."

lucia smiled and showed an image of y/n. "my dear y/n's powers resembles this pond. she has no end to her powers, she will continue to grow with or without your help."

norma turned around abruptly, her eyes widening when she spotted a dark area in the garden. it was a sore to the eye, contrasting with the white and pure effect of the garden.

lucia grinned, walking away as norma was left in a trance. she stared at the dark area for seconds, until an eye appeared from within it.

norma let out a gasp, letting go of y/n's wrist. she seemed nervous, scared even. y/n looked at her curiously, wanting to know what happened.

"now shall be mister sung's turn," michael announced.

norma hesitantly turned to jin-woo and he took notice of it. his eyes went back to y/n, wondering what happened when she looked inside of y/n's powers.