| twenty three ; a king and his queen

Start from the beginning

she only looked back when she felt a hand on top of hers. she smiled, placing her other hand over jin-woo's. y/n found jin-woo to be someone who wasn't afraid of showing his affection in public. in fact, he seemed to like it. he didn't bother what the media had to say of their relationship.

adam paid no mind to their affection, knowing to mind his own business. after all, if he did anything out of line, he might be dead. literally.

minutes later, they arrived at a hotel. jin-woo noted that the name of the hotel was the same as the one from the memo jin-ho handed over to him not long ago.

jin-woo and y/n followed after adam and climbed up to the suite where the deputy director was waiting for them.

it was to no surprise that the deputy director failed to disguise his excitement at the sight of them behind adam. he smiled brightly and shook hands with them.

"it's a pleasure to meet you two. my name is michael connor, and i am the deputy director of the federal bureau of hunters."

"hello, i'm sung jin-woo and this is kim y/n," jin-woo introduced.

michael pointed to the couch opposite him, indicating for them to have a seat. jin-woo sat in the middle, with y/n on his right while adam sat on his left.

"let me get straight to the point, mister sung." michael began, "these here are immigration documents. they usually take a year or two to be processed. however, we're willing to make an exception for you. miss y/n here is already an american citizen from her stay years ago."

y/n nodded her head, confirming the fact. michael continued, "one second. just say the word and you'll become an american citizen in one second."

"y/n and i came here because mister white told us that you had some information to tell us." jin-woo abruptly said. "is it really possible for someone to upgrade a hunter's abilities?"

"actually, there is someone like this here with us now. please tell miss selner to come in," michael instructed.

almost immediately, the door opened and two agents escorted a middle-aged african-american woman out from the room beyond. jin-woo's eyes narrowed slightly after picking up a strange vibe coming off from her.

"i present to you, miss norma selner, the only one in the world capable of enhancing an awakened being's abilities." michael stood up, allowing norma selner to take his place. "miss selner, please explain to miss y/n and mister sung the scope of your powers."

"you must be sceptical about all of this. everyone gives me the same look of doubt at first." miss selner took a seat, her eyes glinting at them, "however, once you get a taste of my powers, you'll be begging for more."

"miss selner!" michael furrowed his eyebrows at her. norma laughed and waved her hand, "don't worry director. i know how important these two guests are."

with an alluring smile, she continued her explanation. "as you may already know, every awakened being has a limit to their strength and no one can reach past their limits. their rank will remain the same, unless they undergo a second awakening. this fact is common knowledge among hunters."

"but you can change that?" jin-woo asked.

"yes, i have the power to help awakened beings reach beyond their potential. through three stages, i can lift their limitations. i'm not so sure what to call this power though, i could be performing a forced second awakening. or perhaps i'm simply drawing out someone's true potential."

"what miss selner said is true. however, she requires a long period of time to rest every time she uses her powers. so, only three or four individuals are able to receive her aid each year." michael added on.