He always had faith in his intuition. Although this girl seemed non-threatening, she gave off a dangerous vibe.

When he looked over through the crowd, he realized the girl had already left the banquet.

The coach reached out and pulled Cruff. "Cruff, it's time for us to leave. You've pretty much seen everyone you needed to see. You need to be well-rested for tomorrow's competition to be in top form. That newbie from China will compete for the first time tomorrow. Your task is to deal him with a great blow. You wouldn't want any accidents to happen, do you?"

Cruff immediately nodded and left with his coach after hearing those words.

Chapter 642: Joint Attack

"Qingjiu."

When Gu Qingjiu left the banquet by herself and prepared to return to the hotel, Nian Chusheng suddenly came out and called her.

She turned her head. "Ah, Commanding Officer, what's the matter?"

"Come with me. A superior of the association asks you to go over."

Association?

Gu Qingjiu instantly understood. By 'association,' he was referring to the primary jurisdiction under the Shooting Department.

Since a superior wanted to see her, of course, she had to go.

"Commanding Officer Nian, this summon is regarding what?"

"I don't know the details either. You'll find out later."

Nian Chusheng brought Gu Qingjiu to a room in the banquet venue.

Gu Qingjiu realized that there wasn't only one such room—one room was provided to each country that attended the event.

After she went in, she realized it was a large conference room.

At that moment, there were quite a lot of officials standing in the conference room. Nian Chusheng led Gu Qingjiu in.

Gu Qingjiu then saw that other than a few higher-ups, Yin Ruoyi and the other participants were also around.

When Gu Qingjiu went over, everyone's gazes turned towards Gu Qingjiu simultaneously.

So this was what 'center of attention' meant.

She went over, not at all feeling nervous.

"Gu Qingjiu."

When she walked over, a man with ordinary looks, a slightly chubby figure, and a pleasant smile greeted her.

Yin Ruoyi introduced him to Gu Qingjiu. "Junior, this is the chairman of the association, Chairman Song."

Gu Qingjiu paused when she heard Yin Ruoyi call her junior, but she didn't stop him. She instantly nodded with a smile. "Hello, Chairman Song."

"Mm!"

Chairman Song nodded, then continued, "The reason I asked Classmate Gu to come over is that I'd like to bring up a matter with you people."

Chairman Song sounded stern as he mentioned this. "Yin Ruoyi, you know that we have pinned all our hopes on you this time. This, being your first match, we naturally hope that you will have a glamorous victory. But don't feel too pressured. Just do your best."

Yin Ruoyi nodded with a solemn expression. "Got it, Chairman Song."

"We've received news that Cruff, the top US sharpshooter in shooting competitions, confirmed that this wouldn't be his last competition. Instead, he expressed his plan to take part in the international competition three years from now. That means that he has the ambition to take down three successive international championships."