Fourth

Fourth

"I can fund you if you want to run away,"

My Auntie Leigh's expression is serious as she looked at me. Of course, she heard about the arranged marriage between me and Theo. Walang naitatago si Mommy sa kanya.

She's my favorite Aunt because I was kind of spoiled by her. She's my mother's cousin. The heiress of the Dasoviche empire.

"I got mad at Ate Agatha when I heard about it. For pete's sake, you're nineteen." Mariin niyang sabi at napahilot sa sentido niya.

"She wants me to arrange your legal documents and help her file your marriage contract once the ceremony is done," Aniya pa at napabuntong-hininga.

Didn't I mention that she's one of the best lawyers in the Philippines? She's like a tigress in the court when I watch her once. Kaya talagang lalapitan siya ni Mom tungkol sa legal matters.

I went closer to her to reach for her hand.

"Calm down, Auntie... It's fine,"

Kumunot ang noo niya at pinagkatitigan ako.

"Fine? Are you really sure?"

I tried to smile at her because she can see through me. I grew up bonding with her. Para na nga niya akong anak ituring. I can't break the news to her about the arranged marriage because she'll surely flip hell for me.

Pero gaya ng sabi ko ay responsibilidad ko ito.

"I have to. I am the firstborn."

Lumambot ang mga mata niya sa sinabi ko. She gently pulled me for a hug. I felt her caress my long hair.

I bit my lowerlip to prevent myself from really tearing up. I'm too soft for her.

"No matter what happens, I got your back. If you want to do it, I'll support you. If you want to run away from it, I'll support you still. You hear me, Ianna?"

I nodded silently as I hug her back.

"Thank you, Auntie."

I know that I can easily escape this one but I choose not to. I will not be a rebel teen that will cause chaos just to stop it. I know what I have to do.

"You can run away pa, Ate,"

Napairap ako kay Thalisha dahil sa sinabi nito. It's like she's trying to impersonate the evil side of my mind. Hindi ko nga iniisip iyon pero binulong pa rin niya ito sa akin.

I looked down to where our private wedding will be held. Yes, private as in secret. Napagdesisyunan ng mga family namin na itago muna ang tungkol sa pagpapakasal namin. After na lang daw ng graduation namin kami magkakaroon ulit ng engrande na wedding.

It's been only two weeks since our dinner. Isang linggo ang nakakalipas nung nag transfer siya sa school. Alam kong pinaghahandaan na nila ito bago pa lang siya mag-transfer sa MIA.

Ngayon ay nasa New York kami para sa kasal na ito. The garden of this Albrecht Hotel was well made beautifully. Naroon na ang mga piling bisita. I think it's our families and relatives only.

I sighed as I held the bouquet tighter.

"You can do this, Ianna," I whispered to myself.

Kahit parang lumabas lang sa kabilang tenga ko ang mga napag usapan namin ng mga magulang ko ay buo na ang desisyon ko. Bago pa kami makarating dito sa New York.

Kaya mo 'to, Ianna. You're doing this for your family. You're an obedient daughter, you have to do this.

"Weh?" Singit ng kapatid ko sa malalim na pag iisip ko na para bang nabasa nito ang nasa utak ko.