"Oh but we do. Do I have to remind you, that I'm the one who smuggled you into Auradon? What do you think will happen to you when you all go back?" Zevon asked.

"She promised me that I would be able to stay in Auradon once we get back." Bridgette said.

"And you believed her? I've been in Auradon prep. You haven't. I know these people. They'll tell you exactly what you want to hear just so they can get what they want." Zevon said.

"I'm mad at you for betraying me. But here's your shot to redemption. Get them all to come to the cottage later today. Make Jay come to me following the middle path. Make Evie, Lonnie, Carlos, and Jane follow the left path right into my trap. Don't forget what you owe me. I might as well be the only one who you can consider a friend." Zevon said.
End of flashback

Zevon stood up and threw one of the swords he was holding to Jay who caught it with ease.

"You're never going to change huh. You know you can't beat me and yet you keep challenging me." Jay said.

"Jay I've always bested you. Always have, always will. Just like with Lonnie." Zevon said in an attempt to provoke Jay which worked.

That was all the motivation Jay needed to start fighting. He angrily swung his sword right at Zevon's head.

Zevon managed to block the attack. He didn't expect Jay to attack so quickly.

Jay's anger clouded his judgment, as he kept fighting, he wasn't using strategy or logic. It was purely freestyle as he angrily swung his sword at Zevon.

But unlike Jay, Zevon was tactical and strategic as always.
~~~
"Was this part of the plan?" Carlos asked Evie as they were watching Jay and Zevon spar.

"Jay trying to kill Zevon? No it was not." Evie answered as they continued watching from inside the net.
~~~
Jay didn't know how he had fallen into the trap (actually the writer (me) have no idea what to write)