Chapter 1 ~Prologue

Start from the beginning

" Lord Shiva, bless my children to stay happy and together always," Draupas Rani prayed as she glanced at her children with a loving expression.

Years later, Sikhandini saw the garland and remembered her past before leaving behind Panchal, her siblings and wife in her quest to change her form and fight for her destiny.

Draupad's blind pride, ego and arrogance, turning away Dronacharya,the man to whom Draupad promised half of his kingdom.

The King's ego and pride wounded when he found out that Drona began serving Hastinapur and teaching the kuru clans next generation.

He faced humiliation when Drona along his disciples grabbed the kingdom from Draupad and Drona gave it back to Draupad stating that riches do not define a man or king but actions does.

Aaratrika who was hidden behind with Satyajit saw the glimpses of young men. Her eyes wandered towards a calm and serene looking young man before a loud voice made her turn her head towards a confident and buff looking man.

" The Pandav's crown prince's Yusdhistir and Kaurav's eldest Duryodhan," Satyajit said causing Aaratrika to blush seeing her brother's knowing smirk.

***********************************
Aaratrika swallowed her saliva as she gasped seeing the rishi throwing the prasadam into the fire. Her greenish-blue eyes widened seeing the fire erupt and began glowing.

She hide her hand behind her mouth as the thunder rumbled and a voice from heaven called out.

"This woman has taken birth to become the cause of destruction of those who are evil." the voice from the sky said causing Draupad's eyes to turn wide and smiled grew.

" Draupadi, my daugther...The emerald of Panchal! My heir Dhristadhyumna, the one who will avenge me!" Draupad said with a joyous smile.

Aaratrika swallowed her saliva, her heart thumped loudly seeing the man's eyes while Draupadi smiled looking proud,regal alike a warrior princess.

Satyajit cleared his throat as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

" What's gotten into you ?" Satyajit asked Aaratrika who gulped.

" I feel like everything changed after she is born," Aaratrika said wringing her hands together watching her father's smile.

************************************
The day Draupad Maharani passed away, the cherished life Aaratrika knew disappeared. Draupad handed every duties to the sharp and shrewed Draupadi who is considered 'eldest' while Satyajit was sent away to govern the smaller lands.

Aaratrika's cheekiness and joyfulness was not appreciated by Draupadi who preferred aristocracy and regal attitude. Her way of educating her wayward sister with snide and sarcastic comments at every childish behaviour of Aaratrika and Draupad's obvious favourism of Draupadi ended up drifting the sisters apart. The bond between the siblings hanged by a thin rope with the arrival of the enigmatic and charming Krishna of Dwarka.

With Dhristadhyumna away at training, Satyajit away at governing the smaller lands of Panchal and Krishna taking Draupadi time, Aaratrika was left alone in the huge castle of Panchal...away from the court schemes and her sister's sharp eyes.

Krishna smiled enigmatically as he played his flute standing on the balcony of Panchal as he glanced at the princess who carried a brown weavened basket with garlands, sneaking through the garden.

" My sweet Urmila...still haven't changed at heart," he murmured.

" What was that Kanna ?" Draupadi asked as she walked towards Krishna, shaking her head as she saw her sister sneaking through the garden.

" I have to inform Maharaj...she is a grown woman," Draupadi hissed causing Krishna to smile and place his hands on her shoulders.

" My dear Sakhi, have I told you what Bheem has done and Arjun...Oh dear his a skilled warrior at heart," Krishna continued distracting his friend.

************************************
Hi everyone...I took out the previous version of Mahabharata's Unknown Mistress due to personal issues.

However I am rewriting it at the moment and hopefully everyone will support this.

kookiesnmellos9701 Daredevilavenger
DrauniPriya
Angaraj_Karn
Dharmanandini
sparks6
dwaraka007
Its_Rishu_13
NadhiyaRaju

Sorry for the tags everyone 🙏

The previous readers of this story please do give it a support.
Thank you ❤