Chapter 1 ~Prologue

" Ma!!!" The little girl ran towards the sad looking Maharani of Panchal, jumping on the woman's arms.

" My precious," Draupad Rani said with a small smile as she kissed the girl's chubby cheeks.

" Look what I got for you," the girl giggled childishly as she opened her palm and showed the Queen the exotic looking flower.

" Where did you get this ?" Draupad Rani asked in amazement looking at the rose swirled in blue and green.

" I found it by the river bank amma...there is a statue there," The girl said in an excited tone, dragging the woman only to bump into Draupad.

The girl gasped and hid behind the queen who held her protectively as Draupad sent her a glare.

" Watch where your going child! What's this exuberance for ?" Draupad boomed.

" Aaratrika has something to show us," Draupad Rani said with a soft voice causing Draupad to snort.

" The child's imagination is not important to be entertained..." Draupad said dismissively.

Aaratrika's pouted as she stepped infront of Draupad Rani, looking at Draupad with her greenish-blue eyes staring determinedly at him. Draupad raised his eyebrows staring at the girl who looked at him unflinchingly.

The corner of his lips pulled away slightly seeing the girl's sharp eyes.

" Very well...go on then...show us what you saw," Draupad said causing the girl's smile to bloom.

Draupad and his legion of soldiers alongside. Satyajit and Sikhandini raised their eyebrows as they saw Aaratrika skipping away joyfully with Draupad and his queen following her.

When the king reached the banks of Ganga, he raised his eyebrows seeing a large crowd gathered. The soldiers quickly cleared the crowd away as Draupad marched towards the large tree.

" O' great king Draupad, Panchal Desam has been blessed," a hermit said as he walked towards Draupad, bowing lowly.

Draupad's eyes widened as he saw the figurines. He turned around and looked at his youngest who smiled widely as she skipped towards the figurines.

" Rama, Sita and Lakshman with Hanuman baba!" Aaratrika said gleefully causing Draupad to exhale his breath.

" We worship Lord Shiva..." the king boomed causing Aaratrika to frown.

" Hari and Shiva is one...the one who says not is blind," Aaratrika said sitting on the ground.

The crowd gasped as the thunder rumbled and drizzle of rain began to drop down. Draupad and the Royal family took refuge under the large trees while Aaratrika closed her eyes and began praying.

Draupad's eyes widened as white flowers bloomed from the tree as Aaratrika continued to sing and Lord Varuna blessed the land with his rains.

" Lord has bless us!" The crowd said causing Draupad's smile.

" The crown will build a temple for Ram! " Draupad declared and the rain stopped immediately before Lord Suria emerged from between the clouds.

The crowds cheered declaring a celebration while Aaratrika smiled widely as she collected the flowers. Draupad Rani smiled softly as Sikhandhini and Satyajit walked over and helped their youngest gather the flowers.