Chapter 5: Freeze My Soul

Start from the beginning

Albedo's eyes widened as if something in him clicked. He thought for a long moment. "Hmm....yes, that does ring a bell in my head. I see now. The lost brother that you speak of is actually the traveler that saved Mondstadt from Stormterror's crisis. I have never met him before but there are already stories of him being told by everyone. If you travel to Mondstadt and seek more help, you might just be able to gather enough evidence of his whereabouts. " 

The brothers sighed in relief, feeling a weight get lifted off their shoulders. Thank the heavens Belphie was able to feel Levi's presence, this just made things a whole lot easier now. They thanked Albedo and the alchemist helped them leave Dragonspine, pointing the direction of Mondstadt in the horizon. They once again was grateful for his help as they continued their journey. 

-Mondstadt-

In the city of wind and freedom, the demon brothers were immediately greeted by the guards standing at the city gates. The citizens there bustled about with their daily lives. The houses here were more traditional and had a western feel to it. The smooth cobbled path were decorated with potted plants and flowers everywhere. It was truly such a cheerful place now after the incident Albedo told them. They were told to meet with the Knights of Favonius about Levi, since they had an encounter with him before. 

They passed by many shops and climbed up towards the higher grounds of the city. They soon arrived at the Knight Headquarters. Two guards stood by the sides and they were questioned. 

"Halt, please state your reason of being here, fellow travelers. " One of them asked sternly. "Do you have permission or any invitation of sorts?" 

"Um no, but we need help from the Knights for the search of our lost sibling. " Lucifer told them. "We were sent here by Albedo, chief alchemist of Mondstadt. "

"Is that so? Then who from the Knights of Favonius do you wish to meet with?" 

Lucifer blinked, trying to think of anyone he knew but was already failing. He was about to speak the wrong name when suddenly, a soft voice caught his attention. "My my, are these visitors from afar? To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you all here?" 

"Captain Kaeya, we have travelers wishing to speak with you regarding a lost sibling. " The guard told the man with long blue hair and an eyepatch. The captain scanned his eyes over them with glee and nodded.

"Come inside and I just might help. " He replied, walking up the stairs towards the headquarters. The demons followed him inside, hoping for a way to solve this and find Levi. Can he be trusted? They'll never really know. They entered the building and could only hope for the best. 

-Liyue-

"Woah, so this is what the golden house looks like!" Paimon gasped. "It's so full of mora, so much MORA!" 

"Paimon focus, we're here to check on the Exuvia. " Levi said. He, then began scanning the area. It was truly golden from the inside out, with so much Mora and the entire building made of pure gold. It gave off an eerie silence and Levi felt tingles erupt on his skin. He and Paimon spotted some dead soldiers lying on the ground and he knew something had happened here. He headed to the Exuvia, his guard up and ready. 

"What happened here? The Exuvia is fine but why are all the soldiers here dead?" Paimon thought out loud. "Did someone secretly sneak in here?" 

Behind them, Childe finally spoke, climbing up the stairs. "It seems that you have fallen for my little trick to lure you in here with me. The Exuvia was here all along. "

"You traitor! So you're planning to steal Morax's gnosis from the Liyue Qixing!" Paimon cried angrily. Levi was pissed and he got his sword out. Childe let out a menacing laugh. 

"Oh come on now, let's make this a fair trade. How about I challenge you to a duel? I have heard many great deeds of you in Mondstadt and you seem to be strong enough to defeat an actual dragon. Well, let's see how you're gonna react against a Harbinger!" 

"Bring it on, you Fatui traitor!" Levi demanded. "I'll crush you into pieces before you can laugh even more!" 

With that said, Childe turned and walked away from them with a smirk. Once they were in the ring, Childe whirled around and unleashed his arrows. Levi snapped and avoided an incoming shot. He used his powers to counter an attack from him. He manage to land a few attacks here and there but it was hard since Childe has a shield. Levi tried to switch between elements and deal as much damage as he could. As Childe transformed into his electro phase, Levi thought things couldn't get any harder. Childe was way faster and his attacks were relentless. Levi was badly hit several times and he could only dodge quickly before the next attack hit. Levi used his geo and anemo to stun him and it worked slightly. With this chance, Levi used his sword to attack Childe. The harbinger jumped back and lunged a swipe right in front of him. Levi used his sword to block the attack but Childe summoned a lightning strike that came plunging down from above. Levi barely managed to avoid it before he used his Anemo powers on him again. Levi switched to Geo and created an earthquake, pushing Childe backwards. Levi then lunged forward and shoved Childe back with his sword. The harbinger punched Levi and kicked him against a wall. Electro attacks stunned Levi and he was badly injured. Just then, Levi decided to use his Geo burst. The ground underneath Childe turned into violent cracks and within seconds, spears shot up and pierced Childe. The harbinger growled in agony and shoved Levi away with his two spears. 

Levi was sent flying and crashing on the ground. Childe combined his two spears and lunged at Levi but he got up and tried to block the attack. The force was too strong and an explosion forced them to separate. As the dust cleared, Levi found Childe missing in front of him. Laughter sounded and he turned to see Childe already floating next to the Exuvia. 

"You're one dirty player, you know that?" Levi growled at him angrily. 

"Oh come on, you really think you have the audacity to outplay me? Now, I just need to steal Morax's gnosis and the whole of Liyue shall see the end of it's archon. " Childe spoke, electro tingling in his hands. He shoved it into the body of the dragon, light flashing out of it. As he pulled his hand out, there was nothing but dust fading away from his grasp. Childe laughed maniacally. "Ahaha, I see, playing hard to get. Big mistake. "

Childe snapped and struck forwards. He activated his foul legacy and his doubled in height, with thick armor and a large blue cape flowing behind him. He had his large spear in hand and tore the ground apart. Levi and Paimon were sent tumbling into the ground below, with rocks crashing down around them. As they quickly got back up, Childe floated down and let out an angry roar. Levi summoned his sword again as he faces Childe again on the third round.