chapter 02, it was him

Start from the beginning

I handed Hwan over to her, as he looked at me with his puppy eyes. I chuckled at him. "I'll come and take you back, Hwan, don't give me that look"

"Bye, noona," Hwan waved at me, giving me his biggest smile. How I loved that kid. 

"Bye, Hwanie, don't get into trouble!"

-

The school my parents put me into was...big. Unlike the apartment. 

I was sure as heck that I'd get lost here. After stumbling my way, I finally found the entrance to the main building. 

I found the locker that I was assigned and I put in the code to unlock it. Beside me, a girl came and stood by the locker next to mine. Her hair reached down till her waist, unlike mine, which was only up to my ears. 

"I'm Yeona," she said, turning to me. I cursed at myself for staring for too long. 

"I'm Jia," I said, smiling. "Which class are you in?"

"I'm in 12A, you?"

"Same," I said, and Yeona smiled at me. 

"I guess we'll have to be friends now," Yeona grinned, producing her hand forwards for a handshake. 

I laughed and I shook it. "Friends it is then"

Suddenly, the doorways burst open, and the entire hallway went silent. A bunch of guys, all in black leather jackets stormed in, and girls started whispering among themselves. They were the bullies from yesterday. 

Leader Eyes' eyes fell on me and I gulped hard. He smirked and started walking towards me, hands in his pockets. 

"Did you get in a fight with them, Jia?" Yeona beside me whispered. 

"I think so," I whispered back. "why?"

"you're in trouble"

"Ah, look who's here," Leader Bambi said, with his gang standing beside him. The entire hallway had gone silent. 

"Turns out, we're going to see Darling every day," Bambi said, coming close to me. 

"Yah, if you guys mess with me, I'm going to-" I was cut off by a fox-looking guy.

"What are you going to do? Report us to the police? Or complain to the principal?" he said and the rest laughed. 

"This is Heeseung Hyung's school, princess. Mr. Lee is the principal," a guy, who looked younger than the rest, said, pointing at Bambi. 

So that's his name. Lee Heeseung. 

No wonder they had such attitudes. 

"And our Jake here, his parents own a multimillion company," a guy with cat eyes said, pointing at one guy. 

"And then there's our friend in America-"

"Do I get bonus points if I look like I care?" I said.

I turned around to leave, but Bambi- I mean Heeseung caught me by my backpack. 

"We rule this place." He said in my ear. "If you don't want trouble, don't mess with us" 

How many were there? I did a headcount and...five? No six. 

"Yeah right. What could six harmless pigs do?" I said. Heeseung looked taken aback. Probably no one dared to talk back to them. 

"Most girls would either run away seeing me, or they'd want to kiss me. What species are you? "

"I'm just a girl in my right senses, trying to get through hell," I said, producing a fake smile, at which Heeseung just frowned. 

Suddenly, Heeseung grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him. I cursed at the heavens for giving him such perfect visuals. 

His hands traveled my stomach and back, and I regretted my decision of wearing crop-tops, now more than ever. 

"See? You really want it," he said, leaning in closer. 

Before he could do something else, I pushed him away, a bit too hard, as he stumbled behind. Team Leather Jackets caught him and they all gave me death glares.

"Back off, asshole!" I aggressively said and Heeseung growled back at me.  

"I'll deal with you later," he said and left the place, with his five minions following behind him. 

"This one's going to be hard" I heard one of them telling to heeseung. 

Of course. I'm not easy to deal with. 

-

"Class, quiet! Heeseung, feet off the desk!" The teacher said. "Everyone, we have a new student" 

"Hi I'm Kang Jia," I said. 

"No one cares" Heeseung mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear. 

"One more word and you're out of the class for the entire semester" the teacher scolded him, and he just scoffed. 

"Please continue, dear," the teacher said. 

"That's it," I said. 

"Okay, you can take that seat. In front of Heeseung," the teacher said. I would've opposed doing that, but there weren't any extra desks. I reluctantly went and pulled out the chair in front of him, giving him an eye roll. 

He pulled my chair with his legs from beneath his desk, but since I'm smarter than him, I saw it and pulled it back towards me, and sat down. 

The class continued. 

Heeseung started kicking me under the desk. "What!?" I whisper-yelled. 

"Bitch" he said. 

"I prefer cats but ok," I said. 

He probably doesn't have anyone roasting him, so he looked shocked. I smirked. 

I tried listening to class but he kept hitting me or passing me notes that said 'u r ugly' and 'dumb dumb' 

At one point I wanted to smack him in the face but I controlled my anger anyways. 

"How to hashtag mess up the first day of school, a guide by Kang Jia," I muttered to myself.