Chapter Two

While on the way to Navel Island Nessie and I got caught up in a whirlpool crash landing us on an island named Pinkan Island. Returning Nessie I hear a Pokemon call and look up to see a pink Rhyhorn hanging on a slim branch. "Kaida come on out. Now grab a hold of that Rhyhorn and bring it back up to land." Jumping on Kaida, he grabs it and lifts Rhyhorn back on to land. Once Kaida sets Rhyhorn down an Officer Jenny shows up and tries to arrest me for stealing Rhyhorn. "You have it all wrong, I seen Rhyhorn hanging on a branch. I could not just leave it there to fall." Before Officer Jenny could talk she looked at my necklace and stopped what she was doing.

"Oh, I am sorry I should have known you were only helping."

"I am sorry, but do you know what this symbol means?"

"Yes, that symbolizes the Champion of Kanto, but only when the Champion would like to remain hidden."

"Oh, even though Mr. Goodshow explained it, this is a first that someone has recognize it. Well I have not had it long." Officer Jenny gives me a ride in her vehicle, but while riding around an alarm goes off and Officer Jenny says that someone has landed on the island. Going to where the signal went off we find Team Rocket trying to steal a pink Nidoking. I ignore their motto and have Maren use hydro pump. The hydro pump wakes up Nidoking, it throws Team Rocket into the sky. Now we have an enraged Nidoking. Officer Jenny speeds off but Nidoking chases after us. "Shadow ball Prism." Prism hits Nidoking but it keeps going. "Oh, no." I turn around and see that we are trapped and Nidoking is preparing to launch a hyper beam at us. "Oh, no you don't Kaida come on out and use hyper beam." Calling out Kaida, he prepares a hyper beam and they both launch and collided creating a cloud of dust. "Get out and run. Hurry." I hop out and Officer Jenny throws a rope around Nidoking making circles. Nidoking gets dizzy and falls down.

After everything Officer Jenny offers to take me out of the whirlpools so I can get to Navel Island. "That is alright, but I was wondering if I could have a few of the pink fruit to plant in my dome at my home."

"I don't see why not, but could you please keep Pinkan Island a secret."

"Of course." I head off on Kaida to Navel Island.

..............................................

The flight to Navel Island takes one day on Kaida. When we landed a man on a sail boat approached and introduced himself as Danny.

"I am Xavier, do you know where the Navel Island Gym is?"

"Follow me and I will show you." Recalling Kaida we head off for the gym. While walking to the gym Danny and I talk, but he stops and I find ourselves in front of a large iron door with a sign on the front saying Navel Gym. We enter and find a cable car going up the mountain and a sign. The sign says gym challengers are to climb the mountain, but they can't use Pokémon and if they do they will be disqualified.

"Are you going up the mountain as well Danny?"

"Yes I am, we better head up on there." I nodded and we set off for the top of the mountain. Getting started was easy but the farther we went up the hard it was to find a gripe. Maren lost his footing and fell, not on my watch. I let go and catch Maren but when I try to find a gripe my hands scrape against the mountain side leaving my fingers bloody. My foot catches and I quickly grab on, "You alright Maren?" Maren cooed and jumped onto my shoulders and licked my cheek.

"Xavier are you alright?"

"I am just fine Danny give me a minute and I will be back up there." I climb back up but at a slower pace and meet back up with Prism and Danny. We head up more and stop on a ledge near the top. "Let me see your hands. We can't leave them like this."