6 Must Try Hot Tub Exercises To Improve Your Flexibility

We all know about the mental perks associated with soaking in a  , but what about the physical benefits? , an ancient water treatment to soothe aches and pains, is a popular therapy to help those who suffer from severe arthritis, fibromyalgia, low...

We all know about the mental perks associated with soaking in a , but what about the physical benefits? , an ancient water treatment to soothe aches and pains, is a popular therapy to help those who suffer from severe arthritis, fibromyalgia, lower back pain, and other joint and muscle pain.

The warm water helps to support sore and stiff muscles through improving blood circulation and lessens the body's sensitivity to pain. In addition to improving circulation, hydrotherapy assists to loosen stiff muscles, reduce blood pressure, and provides a therapeutic massage to help take aches and pains away. Plus, the buoyancy of the water acts as a cushion, supporting your joints and helping you to move more freely without the fear of falling and causing yourself further harm.

Here are 6 exercises and stretches you can try in the hot tub:

1. Shoulder rolls. Start your hot tub stretches off with some simple, yet effective, shoulder rolls. Sit in your spa and gently roll your shoulders forward, then change it up and roll them backwards. Repeat this exercise 5 times in both directions.

2. Torso rotations. To do this exercises, first kneel on the floor of your hot tub and straighten your back. If you're head is not above water, you can stand to do this exercise. Place both hands over your hip, tighten your abdominal muscles, and slowly rotate side to side.

3. Side leg extensions. Sit in the corner of your hot tub, holding on to the edge of the seat to support yourself with both hands. Extend both your legs out in front of you, spread both legs out then bring them together. While doing this, point your toes while pushing your legs apart and flex your feet then bring your legs back together. This allows you to stretch your muscles in different ways. Try this for 2 sets of 25. You can always lower or raise this number as needed.

4. Propellor pose. recommend this exercise. Stand straight in your hot tub and lift your arms up, palms facing up, past your sides. Then jump, carefully, lifting your hands up to the sky and legs apart. Jump again, bringing your legs together, arms down. This should look like you're doing a jumping jack in the hot tub.

5. Driftwood pose. Another exercise recommended by Hot Tub Yoga and Swim U is the Driftwood pose. To do this exercise, stand in the middle of your hot tub and place your right foot on your inner thigh. Keeping your balance, look straight ahead, and raise your hands in the .

6. Core strengthener. Sitting in your hot tub, place your hands on the seat of your hot tub and allow your feet to float up; balancing on your tailbone. Raise your legs up and create a "V" shape with your body then bring your knees to your chest. Repeat 10-15 times.

Muscle aches and pains are no fun. Whether you're suffering from severe arthritis, lower back pain, joint or other physical ailments, hydrotherapy is the perfect remedy for helping to soothe those aches and pains. Through the process of soaking in a hot tub, you can alleviate ailments, boost mobility, and improve flexibility.

Include some aquatic weights, water noodle, and other pool items to assist you in hot tub exercises. Through the use of these types of weights and exercises, you can strengthen and build your muscles.

As with any new exercise program, be sure to speak with doctor or health professional first. Always use caution when exercising or stretching in a hot tub in Edmond.